Q/A (1)

As always, I'm back with a Q/A session! Now that we have finished the series, I'm quite excited to see your questions. Hopefully I'll be able to answer them as honestly as possible!

The following questions were sent by a friend who doesn't want their name to be revealed. So respecting their decision, let's proceed onto the questions, shall we?

here we go!

1. Now that both the books are done, I want to know who your favourite character of the series is?

Ans: That's a hard one. I have been in love with all my characters since day one and it's hard to pick and choose a favourite. But for the sake of your question, I would say my favourite character definitely has to be Veronica.

2. How do you feel after completing a whole series?

Ans: Ecstatic, to say the least. I can't believe I've managed to pull it off. If my seventeen year old self could watch me rn, she would've probably cried.

3. In the entire series, did you ever think of making any of the main characters the villain?

Ans: Hundreds of times. Veronica and Siya were among the top contenders for the role.

4. If you could have one of your book characters come alive in the real world, who would you pick?

Ans: Uff so many! From this book, I would definitely have picked Zoya because who wouldn't! But from my other books, Neil Rohtagi is a strong contender!

*I so want to publish that book again*

5. Do you think Saina deserved a better ending?

Ans: I do think that she did. If I would've been a reader of this book, I would've probably been angry at the writer for killing her off. But then again, not every story gets a happy ending.

Her story is very tragic, mainly because all her life she felt abandoned and unloved by everyone. I think the chapter where she visits Avinash's grave sort of gave her the clarity that she no longer had much of a will to go on in life.

6. Did you originally plan to kill Veronica off as well?

Ans: Yes. At her and Himanshu's wedding.

*Cue the angry comments*

7. You said your characters are inspired by movie or TV show characters. Who is your favourite fictional character?

Ans: Good question. If I think hard and fast, I would have to say Kat Stratford from 10 things I hate about you because she's practically me but prettier.

8. A very interesting thing about these books are the use of songs dedicated to each chapter. What made you come up with that idea?

Ans: I think music sort of creates an ambience for the kind of content you'd get to read in the chapter. I always listen to music when I'm writing a chapter and so, I just add that to the music section. It acts as sort of a window to my mind for my readers.

9. Would you like the Secrets series to be turned into a tv series?

Ans: That's the dream.

10. Did you get discouraged by the lack of response on the sequel as compared to the first book?

Ans: Yes, and there were often times when I felt like giving up on the book. But then I kept reminding myself that I'm doing this for myself and not anyone else so that kind of inspired me to keep going.

11. Which character is your least favourite?

Ans: You're gonna make people jump me.

Um..there is no character I outright dislike because each of them had a lot of development over the series, but if I had to pick among the main characters, it would be Siya.

Among the side characters, I would say I dislike Dhrashti a lot since she's inspired by a bully from highschool.

12. Which is your favourite non-canon ship?

Ans: Saina and Zoya, undoubtedly. The bi potential was astronomical.

13. Would you ever want to write a spin off of the series?

Ans: I think the ending was pretty well and I wouldn't want to disturb that.

I'm gonna write a mystery based novel pretty soon so stay tuned for that.

14. If you could be friends with any one character for a day, who would it be?

Ans: Are you kidding me? Of course, The Zoya Afreen!

15. How did you come up with the idea of using Alishka's deepfake?

Ans: I was watching a Korean drama where they talked about the way deepfake is being used by people who catfish other people on the internet and it sort of made me realise that I could use it to lure the audience away from the actual killers.

16. How did you come up with the name Delmore?

Ans: Put two words together on a random Friday evening and bam! I got myself a town name!

my mind works in weird ways I must tell you-

17. Can you tell us something about your future projects?

Ans: Well, the latest one is Generation Hum, which if you follow me on my Bookstagram account, would know that it is a college romance + mystery genre novel, set in Mussoorie, Dehradun. It's also a musical drama so I'm pretty excited to explore that. I hope my readers will tune in for that too!

The tentative due date for the book is by the end of December since I'm nearing my entrance exams and preparations can often take a bitchy turn.

Stay tuned for more updates on that :)

18. Lastly, what would you like to say to your younger self who first came up with the book idea?

Ans: I think I would tell her that I'm proud she didn't give up and that she kept going despite her struggles. I would also tell her to take a chill pill about making covers and aesthetics because she didn't have the slightest idea about anything. And one more thing I would like to tell her is that the votes, comments and awards don't count as long as you're satisfied with what you've made. So be proud of yourself too!

•••

that would be it for the first Q/A session! Thank you love for sending in the questions. I hope my answers were satisfying :))

if you want to appear in the Q/A session, do send in your questions via direct message.

p.s- you can also send in questions for specific characters and I'll try to answer them as the characters would :)

till the next one,
have a great day!

love,
Bosedisha