10. seventeen again

Song of the chapter is Ribs by Lorde

-10-
-Siya Malhotra-
-Present-

-10--Siya Malhotra--Present-

____________

Delmore Inn
11 November, 2030
11:38 pm

"And how exactly do you plan to ‘be seventeen’ again?"

The question popped off my lips as soon as Zoya's words settled in.

"Don't worry, princess. I've got a plan." Zoya smirked at me before looking at Kartik.

Fifteen minutes later, all of us were huddled up in Kartik's jet black bentley, that was parked at the Inn's parking lot.

"What's your plan, Zoya?" Kartik chimed once we had all settled in.

"Okay...so as you know, due to very fucked up circumstances, we couldn't really enjoy our last days of teen hood and that has left a huge void in us." Zoya voiced, shifting in her seat. Her and Veronica were sitting together at the back while Kartik and I sat with our heads towards their direction.

"And tonight is for filling that void. Doing things that we couldn't do as kids. Being.....just some normal seventeen year olds." Zoya finished.

"But we're twenty eight years old, Zoya. We can never truly be seventeen again." Kartik pointed out the obvious fact.

"Well duh, Mr. Obvious! Ofcourse, we can't physically be seventeen again." Zoya chimed in her usual sardonic tone. "What I'm saying is that we can do things that normal teenagers do!"

"Like what?"

"Like drinking cheap beer from the local restaurants, going skinny dipping at night, getting high and stripping on the road-"

"Okayyyyyy I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves." Veronica sat up voicing. "Zoya, you might wanna slow down a bit."

"Not tonight, V. No slowing down tonight." Zoya gave her a devilish grin before looking back at us.

"We start the night with truth or dare."

"Zoya, we're not seventeen-" Kartik interrupted earning a glare from Zoya.

"That's the point, you dumbass." She then turned towards me. "Seriously, how did you marry this dumb fuck?"

I chuckled watching my husband roll his eyes.

"As I was saying, we start with Truth or Dare. Everyone has to do whatever dare or truth they get, no backing out policy." Zoya instructed. "And...you can only pick truth twice."

"What the hell-"

"Because I know you guys are dweebs and you'll just keep choosing truth to avoid doing a dare." Zoya explained before Kartik had a chance to go on further with his complaint. "Agreed?"