24

Hyun's POV

She released herself from my hold and took a step back.
"I'm sorry Hyun"
She said in a low voice.
I couldn't help it as hurt twisted my insides and pain kept its firm grip on my heart.
I stood still, watching her as she walked over to that bastard, James. Only if I could just kill him.

It took everything in me not to pull her back to me and yell at her for even thinking of leaving mt side and I don't know why. I've never felt this way before.

"Lia.."
I whispered, my voice trailing off as I tried my very best to hold back my anger.
I already made up my mind to keep her with me for the night and I would make sure I do that, although I can't force my will on her but at the same time, I can. But if I do that, she would hate me and I don't think I could live with myself if she ever hates me.

I watched as a wide grin plastered it self on that bastards face as she entertwined her fingers with his and pulled him to the elevator, he allowed himself to be dragged on, staring at her like a love sick puppy.

I stared at the elevator door closing as the anger in me filled to the brim. In a desperate act to let it out, I punched the wall beside me so hard it cracked.

My knuckles were bleeding profusely but i only felt numbness all over. I felt pain clawing at my insides and anger pulling at my lungs but I stood there, staring at the floor in silent terror as the only sound I could hear was the sound of blood dripping from my knuckles unto the floor.

Is this what rejection feels like?...

I ask my self, but I wasn't rejected, she wasn't even mine to begin with, but why does my skin crawl when she's not around me?, why do I yearn for her lips?, her touch?, her scent?, her being?. Why do I feel lightheaded when she merely touches me?, why?.

I angrily walk towards the elevator, my pace slow but rigid as my mind clouds with 'whys',  I stare at the floor, trying my best to contain my anger and then her scent hits my nose.

I look up with hopeful eyes and all the anger in me thrown under the carpet. She was jogging towards me and I almost felt it was a dream, not until I saw the worried expression on her face as she stared at my injured knuckles.
"what happened?"
She asks, taking a hold of my hand, examining the injury. And then I remembered why I was angry in the first place, I looked over her head but no sign of that bastard and then I looked down at her who was still examining my injured knuckles.

I turned her swiftly, pinning her against the wall, using my harms to cage her on both sides.
"why did you do that?!"
I roared.
"why did you leave my side?! "
I roared again.
Her look of worry immediately replaced with that of fear.
I didn't want this, I didn't want to scare her, I just wanted answers.
I grab her by her waist, pulling her into a hug as I caressed her hair softly and rested my chin on top of her head.
"I'm sorry my princess, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you"
I say, calming down.
I reluctantly release her from the hug, cupping her cheeks and staring into her beautiful blue eyes.
"where's James?"
I ask, carefully.
"he..he didn't look so good so I took him down to help him call a taxi"
She says, an inch of fear in her voice.
I felt guilty at her words and guilty at my actions.
A drop of her tear falls on her cheek and I wipe it away with my thumb. I lean forward and place a kiss on her forehead. I withdraw, seeing as her cheeks had gone a tint pink.

I reluctantly let her go as I pullout a white handkerchief from my pocket, trying to tie it around my bleeding knuckles, luckily I hadn't gotten any blood on her clothes.

She grabs a hold of the handkerchief and begins tying it around my knuckles as I stare into her beautiful ocean blue eyes.
"please never leave my side again"
I say, my voice low and husky.
She looks up into my eyes, her ocean blue eyes glistening.
"okay. I won't"

I felt immense relief at her words. She finished tying the handkerchief on my hand and patted it a bit. She meets my holding gaze and with my free hand, I brush the under of her lip softly with my thumb, a thing I've added as number two to my mental list of things I love doing. Her cheeks turn a tint pink and then I notice the smear of blood on her face. I use my handkerchief tied hand to wipe it off.
"come on princess, you don't wanna be late for class"
I say, entwining my hands with hers and walking her to the elevator.
This is a new feeling, yes, although I'm scared as to where it would lead us but there's no harm checking it out.