30

With a curiously and expectantly raised eyebrow, I watch her.
I squint me eyes in an attempt to see her face properly.
She stands at the edge of the Asphalt, awaiting the moving cars and then I see her and my heart skips a beat.
I stand up from my seat and make my way to the elevator, pushing the button and awaiting the delaying elevator doors.
I impatiently jog towards the stairs and make my way down to the ground floor.

Walking out of the entrance of the restaurant, I look towards the entrance of the aquarium but they weren't there anymore.

I look towards the restaurant's parking lot and there I saw her, a distasteful looking James as he stared at Jimin, and a petite girl as my princess was having a conversation with Jimin.

My stomach turned with a feeling I couldn't describe and my head filled with rage yet my heart lept with joy that she was here.

I stride towards them keeping my expression as neutral as possible.
"princess"
I say, grabbing everyones attention as all eyes were now on me.
James's look of distaste grew as he stared daggers at me, the petite girl withdrew her gaze, Jimin did the same and my princess looked at me like a deer caught in headlights.

I stand in front of my princess and she immediately averts her gaze and I feel my heart sink, I wondered why she had such an effect on me. I look at Jimin, noticing that Ju was no where to be seen.
"where's ju"
I ask Jimin and he immediately looked up at me.
"he went to bring the car around sir"
He says and immediately looks down again.
"ok"
I say and look at my princess again.
"what are you doing here Hyun?"
She asks.
"I had a meeting"
I reply and she looks up at me innocently.
I feel my heart light up again.
The screeching sound of tyres draw my attention and I look back to see my car being parked next to the side walk.
Ju opens the door and steps out.
"sir your car's here"
He says as his gaze lands on me.
"come on princess, let's go"
I say looking into her glistening eyes and smiling warmly at her as I take her hand in mine.
"I doubt that'll be possible"
James's voice calls out.
I reluctantly tear my gaze from hers to look at James who now stood only a foot away from us.
"yeah, I'm sorry but she's off work and today and yesterday are the only days we have to spend time with her but yesterday's gone now so it's just today"
The petite girl speaks up, still averting my gaze.
"and what con.."
I start but am immediately cut-off by Lia.
"i think I should decide"
She says and lets go of my hand.
My heart beat quickens and a sense of deja vu hits me
"Hyun, I'm sorry but I have to go with them"
She says.
An insanely painful feeling settles itself in my stomach and I hold back a gag.
An idea pops in my head.
"give me a sec"
I say, taking out my phone and dailing my secretary's number.
I take a few steps away and turn, placing the phone on my ear.
"clear my schedule for the rest of the day"
I say.
"okay sir"
He replies and I end the call.
I turn back to them as they all stared at me wide-eyed, all except James.
"wait what, you're missing all your important work for something as unreasonable as this, whatever this is"
Lia says with a tone of disbelief.
"this is not unreasonable, it's simply more important"
I say and flash her my best smile.
"what are..-"
She starts but I cut her off by placing a finger on her lips, the warmth of her lips heating up my finger.
"hush princess"
I say, maintaining eye contact with her.
"we're wasting precious time"
I finish, my voice husky.
I slowly lower my finger from her lips and cup her jaw delicately.
"where are we going?"
I ask, watching the mixing emotions in her beautiful eyes.
"I..I..I don't know"
She says, seemingly lost in my eyes as I am in hers.
She swallows hard and licks her lips causing my gaze to feather down to them.
My heart rate increases as well as my will to crash my lips unto hers.
"The cinema"
A voice calls out, dragging both our attention as our heads snap to its source.
"we're going to the cinema"
The petite girl says and only then did I remember that we weren't alone.
I look around at everyone else; James whose hands were clenched at his sides as he stared daggers at me, Jimin and Ju who stared wide eyed, supposedly because they'd never seen me near a female if it's not work based, and the petite girl who looked at Lia with a smirk on her face.
"and where is that?"
I ask, putting my hands in my pockets.
"Atleast 15 blocks away"
She says, gesturing behind her.
"okay good"
I say, turning to Jimin and Ju.
"you two, take the other car and leave, tell Mrs Chang I may be home late and that I'll check on soomin tomorrow"
I say to them.
"ok sir"
They say in unison then turn to walk off.
"bye pretty boy"
She says and Jimin turns and waves.
"bye"
He says, smiling then turns and walks off.
My stomach churns with a feeling like I've been kicked in the gut and my mind swirves with the will to stuff Jimin in a sack labelled 'illegal' and send him overseas.
"come Lia we'll go together"
James says, making me turn to him. I'm about to retort but the petite girl speaks up.
"ahh, that'll only cause delay, see his car is already there"
She says, pointing at my BMW XM parked by the side walk.
"so since they're already standing together they can go together"
She says then drags James off as he was about to protest, flashing Lia a thumbs up as she did so.

I'm beginning to like that girl...

I thought as I returned my gaze to Lia who now stared down at her feet as she played with the hem of her oversized T-shirt.
"princess, look at me"
I say.
She reluctantly lifts her head and her gaze meets mine.
"good, do you want to go to the cinema or shall I take you somewhere else"
I ask, a smile on my face
"the cinema's fine"
She says in a low voice.
I stare at her face to try to read her expressions but I couldn't.
"what's wrong"
I say, taking out a hand from my pocket and cupping her cheek.
"nothing"
She says then shoots me a quick smile.
I lean down, placing a soft kiss on her cheek.
I withdraw, watching her redden.
"let's go now"
I say, a smirk on my face as I tried to understand what made me do that.