19

Hyun's POV
After class she kind of disappeared. Obviously she must have been feeling awkward. As much as I want to hold her, keep her in my arms, protect her, I'm afraid she'll pull away, reject me.

James's appearance in class today is something of a mystery. After learning that it was Jiyun he left my princess for, I wasn't suprised.

To others, Jiyun may be the full package but to me, she's disgusting. She'll throw herself on any rich guy she sees. She's had her eyes on me for a long time but I didn't give two shits, not suprised she's moved on, that to, quick.

I checked the library for my princess but she wasn't there so I decided to check the cafeteria. Taking the turn, I saw her being dragged off down the hallway and by the looks of it, it was James.

I contemplated whether to run up to him and beat the shit out of him or let her hear what he has to say. After a few seconds, I settled on my second option. I trailed behind them till she stopped him at an empty hallway.

Their argument lasted minutes, I wasnt really listening but I trusted her to counter his words with applaudable responses.

The moment he pulled her unto his chest, it took god to stop me from going over there and beating the shit out of him.

No one is meant to touch my princess except me.

"what a sluty bitch you are, after taking enough money from me you decided to go for the billionaire right? You should be thankful I even picked interest in you"
He said, harshly.
My princess became silent and I fumed in anger.
He began rambling but I pushed him off her with so much force it sent him stumbling back.

My initial attack was to punch his face into his skull but I supposed it won't be a reasonable idea so I settled for the latter; pushing him hard.

The moment she turned, I pulled her into a hug.
"are you okay princess? "
I asked her in a deep, calm voice.
She answered with a whimper, obviously I didn't expect her to be okay, she's gone through so much. I pull away keeping my hands on her waist and looking into her big, blue glassy eyes. She looks alarmingly cute when she's crying.

I look over her head at James, who's glaring at me menacingly.
"Lia i didn't mean what I said, it..-"
He started but I cut him off with the click of my tongue,
"save it, I tolerated you because of her, you made her cry and I'm supposed to kill you for that, you..-"
I say but stop the moment I hear grumbling. My eyes dart towards her and her cheeks turn a shade pink and she looks away in embarrassment.

She must be hungry..

I look back at James who stared at her with a concerned look on his face.
I put my arm around her waist and turn on my heel, walking away with her by my side.

I would've completed my sentence but she's more important.

She protested continuously when I brought her to an expensive restaurant, heck, she didn't even want me to buy her lunch and with the amount of times her stomach grumbled, I was sure she didn't eat breakfast.

We finally settled for a McDonald's meal, she didn't want to eat there because she didn't want to be late when her next class started, her next class being thirth minutes away.

We went back to the uni and settled in the cafeteria with other student huddled up in the other seats.

I sit across from her, silently watching her eat, taking in all her features, the soft movement of her red lips as she chewed on her chicken nugget, her big blue eyes glistening as light reflected on it, her smooth fair skin, her long curved eye lashes, the soft curves of her eyebrows, her long raven black hair falling over her shoulder and dangling atop her half eaten burger, she's true perfection.
"you want some? "
She asks, pointing down to her burger.
"no princess"
I say with a small smile.
I notice as her cheeks turn a shade pink at the mention of the nickname I gave her.
She looks down at her half eaten burger on a paper plate and pushes it to me, across the table.
"eat it, you didn't get anything for yourself.....I hope you don't mind it's half eaten"
She says, scratching the back of her neck nervously with her free hand as the other held a chicken nugget.
I'm not the type to eat junk food, considering the fact that I haven't even tasted a burger before, it's a fatty food and it's not my type of food.
"don't worry about me Princess, I'm fine, eat.."
I say, pushing the plate back but she stops me.
" eat it, please.."
She says, a pleading look on her face.
I feel my heart warm up at the thought that she actually cares for me.
I let out a sigh as I take the half eaten burger in my hands, slowly lifting it to my lips. I inspect it carefully, from the bun to lettuce to the tomato to the meat and to everything else in it. I take a sniff, the sweet aroma of freshly grilled meat hitting my nose at full force.
"you don't have to eat from that side"
She says, snapping me out of my trance.
Who knew a burger could do so much to a man, apparently I didn't. I hadn't even realised that I held the half eaten side to my lips but at the thought of her lips having had made contact with this, I take a bite.

It may seem creepy but I just can't get the image of her lips out of my mind. The taste of the burger hit me like a bat made of candy, for a minute, I lost my sense of reality, sucked into a realm of meat and  flying burgers, all I could hear were mumbles as a humongous burger danced infront of me.
"Hyun"
A familiar voice echoes in my head.
"Hyun"
The voice calls out again but clearer.
"hey Hyun are you alright"
And with those words, I'm back to reality, face to face with my princess, a worried look on her face.
I blink twice to get my self and stared at the burger in my hands.
"it's heavenly"
Was all I managed to let out. She let's out a sigh of relief as she picks another chicken nugget from her plate.
"you froze for like twenty seconds or so, I was scared to death....well not to death but you know what I mean "
She says, taking a bite of her chicken nugget.
I resume eating and soon I'm done with it.
"you've been smiling too much today "
She says, grabbing my attention and I look towards her as she gathers up the the paper plates and paper bags to throw them in the dust bin.
"and you've been calling me princess all day"
She says not looking at me as she continues to gather the trash.

I don't know why but I feel my cheeks warm up and I look away from her nervously.
She finally lifts her gaze to mine but I look everywhere else but her eyes.
She let's out a little laugh and my heart warms up as I finally meet her gaze.
"what?"
I ask, curious.
"you're blushing"
She says, standing up, and I feel the heat spread all the way to my ears.

I follow her to the dust bin as she throws away the trash.
I didn't expect myself to blush at her question but I did anyway and I had no idea that was what was happening.