23

Lia's POV

After accepting his request to pick me up for uni last night, he left. It wasn't a request really, it was more of a statement.

After combing my hair, I tie it into a messy bun, supporting it with a white scrunchie. I slip on my white sneakers to top off the white baggy hoodie and white striped black sweatpants I had on.

Fitted clothes are not my type of clothes. I glance at myself in the mirror before picking up my small bag pack and stuffing my needed materials in it with two apples. I walk to the door grabbing my keys and opening it only to be met by the last person I wanted to see.
'James Matthew...something'
'Something' in the sense that, each time he told me his surname, it lever sticks for more than 2 minutes. He names I know of, his first being James and his middle being Matthew.
"are you this dense, I said stay the fuck away from me!"
I yell, trying to push past him but he holds me firmly by my waist pulling me close to him.
"baby I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said yesterday, things got out of hand, God I'm stupid as fuck, I'm sorry for cheating on you, I'm sorry for the everything I did, I guess I just felt lonely without you but God, had i been more patient non of this would have happened, I stayed up all night thinking about what the fuck went wrong and I just.."
He says, his voice wondering off and by then he was already a crying mess.
He wasn't joking when he said he was up all night considering the bags under his eyes. My heart melted at his words as he rested his head on my shoulder.
"I'm sorry"
He says in between sobs. I rubbed his back softly, I feel sorry for him and I also feel sorry for my self considering the fact that I've almost gotten over him. What he did to me was unfair but I don't hold grudges, I just prefer to keep my personal space, my hurt heals quicker through that. Turns out the space didn't help him at all.
"I forgive you, I forgive you just stop crying"
I say.
He raises his head, staring at me while grinning from ear to ear. He hugs me tight, slipping his face in the crook of my neck as he does so. For some reason it didn't feel right, and then he kissed my collar bone. I cringed at the feel of his soft and warm lips and pushed him away.
"what the fuck was that?"
I asked, angrily.
"you said you've forgiven me and that means we're back together, right?"
He said, hopeful.
"no, that's not what it means, it just means I've forgiven you"
I say.
"but I can't function without you Lia, I know I realised that late but I must still have time Lia please...just give me one chance "
He begs, taking a step closer.
I hold out my hands to stop him.
"I can't "
I say, and then the thought of Hyun flies into my head. I don't know why, especially at this time but the thought of him has me feeling safe.
"why?"
He asks, a pleading look on his face as eyes begin to well up with tears.
'Why?', a question I myself didn't know the answer to.
A deep familiar voice from behind James suddenly interrupts.
"because she's with me"
We both turn to the voice and there Hyun stood in black and black, leaning against the elevator door with his arms folded across his chest, looking dangerously handsome. My heart fluttered at the sight of him and a wave of excitement hit me like a brick thrown hard against a wall.

His eyes locks with mine and he gives me a small smile, but I felt there was a deep meaning, a deeper feeling behind that smile but nonetheless, I felt butterflies sprawl in my stomach.

What the fuck is wrong with me...

He leans forward, taking long strides towards us. I glance up at James who stared at him menacingly but Hyun seemed rather unfazed.

He stands before me, leaning down to match my height.
"ready to go princess?"
He asks, a smirk edging on his lips.
"I..I haven't locked the door"
I say, gesturing towards my apartment door. I don't know why but my past excitement was suddenly replaced by extreme nervousness.

I take a glance at James and believe me when I say - if eyes were a weapon, Hyun could've been long gone by now as James stared newly sharpened swords at him while Hyun completely ignored his presence.
"give me your keys"
Hyun says, holding out his hand.
Without objection, I hand him the keys. He walks over to the door, locking it and stuffing the keys in his coat pocket and walking back over to me.
"youre staying with me tonight princess"
He says, snaking his arm around my waist.
"let's go, you'll be late for class"
He says, tugging me close to him by my waist and I place my hand on his chest to balance my self from the sudden pull. He takes in a low sharp breath and I immediately withdraw my hand, the events of last night flashing across the screen of my mind.

Truthfully, I don't know if his actions now are just for show or of he'd really do this if we were alone but something on me homed it wasn't for show.

I glanced over at James who looked like he was at the bridge of lashing out and so I knew what I had to do.