Chapter 22

[Mabel]

Things couldn't have gone any better with Kibum. He was excited about the baby, and he'd asked me to marry him. I felt like I was floating on a cloud.

Before he'd left we'd gone to the doctor's to confirm it, and in the days since we'd discussed what we'd do.

For now I was continuing life as normal, except I'd throw up every morning. Kibum's solo was out so he was working hard on his promotions, but as soon as he was finished he promised to come back to be with me.

I went to get Kibum at the airport myself this time. He looked exhausted and kind of skinny but he lit up as soon as he saw me.

"Jagiya." He smiled as he embraced me. "How are you feeling?"

"Alright." I smiled back. "Even better now you're here."

He put his suitcase in the car.

"Should you even be driving?" he asked.

"I'm pregnant, not ill." I laughed. "It's fine. I'm not even showing yet."

Kibum put his hands on my stomach. "I can't wait."

He'd managed to clear his schedule as much as possible to be able to spend time with me. He was particularly looking forward to coming to a scan with me, which we did a week later.

"The baby looks healthy and everything is going well for now." The technician smiled at us. "Do you want a picture?"

"Yes." Kibum smiled.

He treasured that picture. I'd often find him looking at it, smiling. He showed it to his members and they were very enthusiastic too. It was nice to feel supported. My mum was completely on-board as well, and even my sister had congratulated me. I was really happy myself, already thinking about names.

Key still had a bit of back and forth to do for performances so I kept myself busy with work and getting baby stuff.

[Key]

The time soon came for the gender scan. I was a bit nervous as I knew the members, my parents and friends all couldn't wait for me to tell them what it was.

"What are you hoping for, Dad?" the technician asked me.

Dad. Being called that warmed my heart somehow.

"I'm happy either way."

"What about you mum?"

"I think it's a girl."

The woman checked thoroughly. "Well you're right mum, it is a girl."

I burst into tears at that moment. Mabel comforted me, smiling. "You can tell the members now."

Taemin was overjoyed as he was the only one who'd guessed correctly. We were overjoyed ourselves and started narrowing down names.

Shortly afterwards I had to go back to Korea for a show. All I could think about was Mabel and our child. I wanted to be there for everything, even when she was throwing up. My years of training helped me keep my head in the game though, and I was soon back by her side.

By about six months she started showing, and I could feel kicks. I'd made arrangements in my appartment for the baby and she'd arranged with her workplace to take a year off. She probably wouldn't return, but at least the possibility was there.

We took maternity pictures together and enjoyed every moment until it was time for her to give birth.

"Kibum, I think the contractions are getting closer," said Mabel, grabbing onto the doorframe as I cooked in the kitchen one day. "I think we should go."

I drove her to the hospital, feeling my heartbeat in my throat. I was feeling a mixture of anxiety and excitement but I knew that I needed to be level-headed so that I could be the best support possible for her.

"Push!" The nurse said as Mabel gave it her all, absolutely squeezing the life out of my hand.

"I'm exhausted," she panted, having been in labour for hours. "I have no strength left."

"You can do it jagi, it's almost over." I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. "I'm right here beside you."

She gathered the last of her strength and pushed and pushed until the baby's cries filled the air.

It had taken many hours, but we were finally welcoming little Hana into the world.

"Do you want to hold her?" the nurse asked.

I nodded and held my daughter carefully in my arms, doing skin to skin as the midwives advised.

"Hello," I whispered, holding her tiny hand.

"She has your eyes," Mabel said from the bed.

"She has your smile," I responded.

I felt my eyes tear up as I looked at her. She wasn't even an hour old but she was already my whole world.

I got up and went over to Mabel, sitting on the bed. "Now our family is complete."

Mabel kissed me and we both looked in adoration at our daughter, the fruit of our love.