Chapter 4

[Mabel]

Time goes by quickly when you're having fun, doesn't it?

That's at least how it felt in the weeks I spent with Kibum. We visited things together, chatted, and got to know each other a lot better.

He seemed to be having a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed his company. I mean, he was definitely funny, cheeky even, but had a deeper side where you could have a conversation with him for hours.

I was grateful I'd met him over the summer, because there was no school to get in the way. As time ran down, I knew he'd soon be gone, but I'd never forget the time we'd spent together.

Key 🔑: Are you free?

He texted me on my day off as I lounged in my room, watching TV.

Sure.

Wanna meet up?

Okay, where?

Anywhere you want.

I decided to suggest the local park. After all, I was in the mood for a walk. I waited for him on a park bench and smiled as he arrived, wearing his signature bucket hat.

"Why here?" he asked as we walked.

"It's close to where I live."

"You live in an appartment?"

"No, in a house share."

He made a noise. "I know what that's like. I bet you'd rather live alone."

I shrugged. "I'd love to, but London is just too expensive."

We kept walking for a while in a comfortable silence.

"So, you're going home soon."

"Yes." He looked at me.

"What's it like in Korea?"

He laughed. "I don't know how to answer that. You'll have to come see."

"I'd love to, one day." I stopped to admire the ducks. "Are you going straight back to work?"

"Pretty much."

"Well, good luck on your endeavours."

He gave me one of his lovely smiles and was about to say something when suddenly thunder cracked and rain began falling.

"Oh, that's British weather for you!" I exclaimed as I covered my hair with my hands, looking around for somewhere to shelter.

Kibum took his hat off and I gave him a quizzical look. "What are you doing?"

He put it on my head. "Protecting your hair."

I felt myself blush; why was he so sweet?

"What about you though?"

"It's okay, this also happens a lot in Asia."

The rain was starting to come in thick and fast, and I could only see one solution.

"Come."

I grabbed his hand and began leading him away from the park as fast as I could, taking him back to my place.

Entering the old Victorian house, I quickly took my wet coat off and wiped my shoes on the doormat. Kibum began taking his shoes off.

"Oh, you don't have to."

"We usually do this in Korea."

To be honest, it made sense because we were both soaked.

"Wait here, I'll bring you a towel."