Chapter 9

[Mabel]

Time with Kibum seemed to go by so fast. We'd gone up to Scotland to see my hometown, Edinburgh, and now there were only three days left. I really didn't want him to leave, but I knew he'd be back for sure this time.

It was evening time and I didn't want to leave. He seemed to feel the same way as he didn't say anything as time stretched on. We were just watching TV together and he started yawning.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed," he announced.

"Okay then." I got up and smiled at him. "Alright, well, see you."

He smiled at me and took one step before turning back. "Do you... want to sleep over? I'm not forcing you." He added hastily.

"It's alright, I'd like to."

His smile grew wider as I followed him to his comfy-looking bed.

"I didn't bring anything with me though."

"It's okay, you can wear my clothes."

He gave me a t-shirt and some shorts which I slipped on while he changed into his pajamas. He was laying on his back as I tentatively rested my head on his chest, hearing his heartbeat pick up as I did so.

One of his hands ran through my hair as the other held me close. Resting my hand on his side, I gently ran my fingers up and down his ribcage.

"Goodnight," he mumbled, sleep already taking him. I listened as his breathing evened out and propped myself up to watch his sleeping face. Cute.

I let myself drift off as well, feeling comforted by the little sounds my boyfriend was making.

We spent the next two days kissing and cuddling, making the most of the last of our physical contact for a long time. The day to see him off home at the airport came too quickly, and soon I was standing at the departures gate, waiting with him.

"I'm gonna miss you," I said as he looked down from the screen. "It's been so much fun."

"It really has." He let go of his suitcases and took me in his arms, kissing the top of my head. "I know we'll be apart for a while, but don't forget that I care, okay?"

"Okay."

He kissed me again. "I love you," he whispered.

I was a little shocked at that, but my heart melted. "You love me so soon?"

He chuckled. "Yes. No point hiding it."

I reached up and kissed him, knowing I'd fallen for him as well. "I love you too."

The gate opened and it was time to get going, so with a final long kiss and a wave, he was on his way.

"I'll make sure to wear the hat!" he called before disappearing.

I shook my head; life was so much more boring without him.

[Key]

The boys immediately knew that something was going on. I'd been to the UK not once, but twice, and stayed for a long time each time.

"Spill the beans, what are you doing over there?" Minho cocked his head at me.

"Nothing more than hyung has a secret girlfriend." Taemin joked, and I couldn't hide my look of shock that he'd got it so right.

"What, really?" For once Jinki had noticed something.

I blushed. "It's none of your business!"

The others laughed and began jostling me.

"Hyung is blushing." Taemin teased, making Minho laugh harder.

"Come on, what's her name?"

"Mabel," I mumbled.

"Mabel. Interesting," said Jinki from the front.

"When did it start?"

"Recently."

"On this trip or the last?" Minho pressed.

"Why do you want to know? You're so nosy!" I whined.

"As if you wouldn't do the same to me," Minho rightfully pointed out. I sighed, knowing he was right.

"I met her last time and I asked her to be my girlfriend this time. Happy?"

"You move fast," Jinki piped up again.

"Not really, it's been months."

"How will it work with the both of you in different countries?" asked Taemin.

"Well we've been talking for months so I think it'll be fine. I can go visit when I have time anyway."

"Is she gonna come visit you then?"

I thought about it, not having considered that yet. "I suppose so, eventually."

"Can she speak Korean?" Minho asked.

"No. She didn't even know about Kpop or anything. I had to convince her that I'm a singer."

The boys snickered again and I rolled my eyes.

"Well I'm happy you're happy." Jinki smiled. "It's been a while since you had someone."

"Thanks."

We always teased each other between members but in reality we all supported each other in every endeavour. This relationship was no different.

I knew it'd be challenging long-term, but it was worth it to me. After all, nothing worth having ever comes easily, does it?