Forty One.

As the other women cleaned up after dinner and Bruce and Richard sat at the dining table to chat, Justin and I decorated the tree in the living room.

"You've been all smiles since Ms Jones walked in." Justin noticed.

He was untangling some lights and I was wiping down some decorative balls and stars with a cloth.

"I'm really happy. Today's been amazing-- actually, everything's been great since Paris. Thank you."

"My pleasure." Justin smiled, "I love seeing you happy. I think you deserve it. All the happiness in the world."

I blushed and nudged Justin playfully.

"You're so sweet. I love you." I told him, and he rewarded me with a kiss on my cheek.

"I always looked forward to decorating the tree as a child." Justin told me as we got to work.

"It must've been exciting for you." I smiled.

"The Christmas morning was really exciting. Especially waking up to grandma's breakfast."

"Her food's always great."

"Yes. And with Ms Jones here, I'm thinking they'll either fight over the kitchen or bring the house down with some really good food." Justin smiled.

I giggled as I imagined Diane and Ms Jones fighting over the kitchen. But it was nice to see them get along like old friends.

"The two of them will definitely be hammering us with some awkward questions soon." I said, knowingly.

Ms Jones and Diane had quite a lot in common and being straight forward was one of them.

"Tell me about it. Ms Jones cornered me as soon as I picked her up from the airport, the minute I said hello." Justin shook his head.

"Your mom and grandma tag-teamed." I smiled.

Justin smiled.

"I'm glad my family loves you, Dileah. That makes me happy." He said.

"Me too. And I love them too. A lot. They're like... my new family."

"Your new family."

"Yup." I popped the 'p'. "It's quite refreshing having a lot of good people around me; it's heartwarming. Some years ago, all I knew was Randy's ways and then I met Ms Jones and she taught me a thing or two about motherly love and then I met you and you taught me about real love-- love I deserved-- and then came your family and now I'm... complete." I nodded with a smile. "You've brought a lot of good change into my life, Justin Bieber, and I will always be thankful to you for that."

Justin was speechless for a moment. He smiled and leaned in to kiss me tenderly on the lips.

"If you think that these last few weeks have been amazing, you're going to love what's coming." He said.

And that made me curious.

"What do you have planned?" I smiled excitedly and propped up on my knees.

"A few surprises." He smiled innocently and walked to the other side of the tree as he checked that the lights were alright.

"Justin, tell me." I said.

"My lips are sealed, sweetheart."

I pouted.

"Surprise number one was Ms Jones' arrival. Dwell on that a little longer, just until I throw the next surprise at you." He said.

"What could possibly beat having Ms Jones over for Christmas?" I smiled.

"Me in a red and white thong, dancing for you with a Christmas hat on my head." Justin bit his lip and hummed a beat as he swayed his hips.

I couldn't hold back my laughter.

"Ew, Justin. If you want to blind me for the rest of my life, do that." I giggled.

"You keep doubting my stripper skills." He smiled.

"Because it's a nasty thing to put in my mind."

"You say that now."

I shook my head.

"You're silly. Switch these lights on and put the star up at the top of the tree."

"I'll let you do that." Justin got a big gold star out of a box and handed it to me.

"I can't reach, Justin. You're obviously taller than me."

He smiled and went to get a chair from the dining room.

"Up you go." He said.

I carefully got up on the chair and placed the star on top of the tree.

"I like big butts and I cannot lie..." I heard Justin sing behind me.

I turned around and glared at him before hopping off the chair.

"When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face you get--"

"Punched!" I hit his arm.

He laughed and took the chair back to the table and I turned the tree lights on.

"Oh the tree looks lovely." Ms Jones gushed from the kitchen.

I looked at the tree and smiled at the good work Justin and I had done together.

I couldn't help but imagine having a tree up and decorated in our own home someday, if we ever got to spend Christmas at our own place someday.

I felt Justin peck my cheek and wrap his arms around me.

"Good job, Banks." He whispered in my ear.

I smiled.

"I take my job very seriously." I said.