Twenty Four.

"Dileah." Justin said softly.

I opened my mouth to speak but I was stopped by the voice of the blonde receptionist.

"There she is!"

I turned around and found that she'd escorted some security guards all the way up here to take me out.

"Amanda." Justin said.

"Mr Bieber, I told this woman that she couldn't see you. She insisted--"

"It's okay." Justin cut her off. "Everything's fine."

Why was he so calm? I thought Lewis said he was snappy.

The blonde, Amanda, looked me up and down and I fought the urge to stick my tongue out at her and maybe do a little victory dance.

She walked off and I faced Justin again.

"Come inside." He said and walked to his desk.

As he used his phone to tell a Michelle to cancel his other meetings, I realised that she was his assistant.

'The same one who shopped for all those clothes back at the penthouse?'

I took a seat in the leather chair that was on the one end of Justin's desk and I gently rubbed the wooden angel with my thumbs. I couldn't look Justin in the eyes but I knew I had to speak first.

"I'm sorry I just left..." I began, looking down at the angel in my hands. "I just... I felt like I broke my promise--" I frowned.

Justin said nothing so I carried on speaking.

"I thought you hated me for what happened. You-- we weren't talking and... you didn't hug me or hold me at night like you used to." A single tear rolled down my cheek but I quickly caught it."I thought you were mad at me for staying with Randy for so long; for letting him do this to me... to us."

"Deliah--"

"I was okay with that, I guess. But Ms Jones spoke some sense into me and I needed that; I needed her. It may have been selfish of me to have left so suddenly but I... I needed her." I sniffled. "She's like a mother to me, you know that. Anyway, she asked me to put myself in your shoes and I did and I thought that maybe... maybe you were waiting for me to make the first move. Of course, we both know that I'm not good at making first moves."

"Dileah--"

"I found this when I was doing a bit of shopping in New York." I placed the wooden angel on Justin's desk. "It reminded me of a couple of things."

"Like what?"

I looked up at Justin, into his empty hazel eyes.

"You. How often you saved my butt, how patient you've been with me... the child we-- I lost."

Justin's face softened and he cocked his head to the side slightly.

"I also think that it represents Ms Jones. She's always been there for me as my guiding light. Sometimes I think my mom sent her to me; she sent you to me too." I cleared my throat. "I just... it's a gift to you. To say thank you for everything and... sorry for everything."

"You--"

"I get that your mad--"

"Could you let me speak, please?" He said calmly.

My mouth went dry but I nodded anyway.

"Thanks for this." He referred to the wooden angel.

I nodded again.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for, Dileah. It's not your fault, none of it is." He said. "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself."

Ms Jones was right.