Thirty Eight.

It was a sunny day in Stratford, Canada. The snow that had fallen was twinkling so beautifully from the rays of morning sunlight that hit it. It was a white paradise.

Justin had hired a white Audi for us to use during our stay and sitting in the front seat with him holding my hand occasionally as he drove made us seem like a normal couple.

All of Justin's helpers were gone off to spend time with theif families so that meant more normal time with my beloved boyfriend.

We pulled up at a cosy little house and Justin's face lit up.

"Welcome to my grandparents' house." He smiled at me. "And welcome to Stratford."

I couldn't wait to see Diane and Bruce again. I did miss them a little since I hadn't seen them since Pattie's charity event. They were a loving couple and I couldn't wait to be surrounded by their loving nature.

Justin and I got our bags out of the boot and carried them to the front door. I rang the doorbell and waited, excitement written all over my face.

As soon as she opened the door, Diane screamed in excitement and embraced Justin and I in a hug.

"Oh, I missed you!" She told us. "Look at you. Such a lovely pair."

"Hi, grandma." Justin smiled.

She looked over her shoulder and called for Bruce then helped us bring our bags in.

"How was your flight?" She asked us.

"It was good." I said, glad to finally be out of the cold.

Justin helped me out of my coat and then removed his.

"I'm so happy to see you. I spent all morning making scones for the both of you."

"Did you make cookies too?" Justin smiled.

"Not yet. And there's a little bit that your grandfather's been stealing. The jar's almost empty."

I smiled.

"Justin says they're very delicious." I said.

"He and Bruce are addicted. I can handle Bruce but they're a handful when they're together, he and Justin." Diane rolled her eyes playfully.

Bruce came down the small staircase and cheered when he saw us.

"Hello, love birds." He embraced us in a hug. "How was Paris?"

"Paris was amazing." Justin said.

"I hope it was. Did you pop the question yet?" Bruce took my left hand in his and looked at it.

I blushed and so did Justin.

I did wish Justin had popped the question in Paris-- it would've been perfect-- but I guess he wasn't ready. He was taking things slow; trying. Either way, Paris was lovely with him and I wouldn't trade that experience for anyanything.

"Bruce, don't pressure the children." Diane slapped Bruce's shoulder.

"I was just asking."

"Take their suitcases upstairs and be helpful. Don't make their arrival awkward." She said.

"Yes, dear." Bruce smiled and picked up some of our bags. Justin helped him and together they headed up the stairs.

"Would you like something to drink, Dileah? Tea? Coffee? Hot chocolate?" Diane smiled.

"Oh hot chocolate sounds lovely." I said. "Can I help you?"

"No, no. You have a seat at the table and I'll bring you your scones and hot chocolate, sweetie."