Five.

Leaving the hospital made me feel relieved. I wasn't at the top of my health game but at least I no longer felt drowsy or dizzy or nauseas.

I missed riding in the Bentley with Justin and Lewis. It was a quiet ride but I liked it nonetheless.

Justin held my hand as I looked out the window, taking in the Miami afternoon.

I wanted so badly to visit the beach again. I felt I needed it to relax and get my mind off the dark memories of my time on that cursed boat full of innocent young women.

I wondered what happened to all of them and what happened to the men who were responsible for that mess.

"What are you thinking about?" Justin asked me.

I looked at him and released my lower lip from the hold of my teeth.

"Oh. Just... The girls." I said softly.

"The girls?"

I nodded.

"The ones on the boat." I said.

"Oh." Justin said, "I think they've been rescued. They're being taken care of."

"Did you notify the police?"

"Not the police. Some other important people. They may have notified the police."

I nodded my head, too tired to want to ask any questions about these important people Justin spoke of.

"Thank you for saving me." I said.

"Don't thank me, Dileah." Justin said.

I never understood why he didn't want to be thanked.

"I don't want to hate boats." I said. "After the experience... I like your boat though."

Justin smiled slightly.

"We can get on my boat a little later on, in time. You don't have to worry about that. You don't have to worry about anything, Dee. You're safe now."

I smiled slightly and rested my head on Justin's shoulder.

I was safe again.

--

After taking a nice, long, hot shower (and washing my hair), I went down to the kitchen in search of something to eat. Supper time was nearing but I still felt hungry. Catherine wasn't even here.

"Hungry already?" Justin walked down the stairs and gracefully walked into the kitchen in sweat pants and t-shirt.

I got a plate of left over sandwiches out of the fridge and I gave Justin a shy smile.

"I thought it would be fun to cook together. Then maybe we can watch a movie while we eat?" Justin said.

"Sounds fun." I said.

"You're having my sandwiches now?" He smiled.

"Finders keepers." I took a bite of a sandwich.

He chuckled and went to get some ingredients out.

"What are we making?" I leaned against the counter.

"I actually don't know." Justin chuckled.

I smile.

"How about some pizza?"

Justin chuckled.

"I don't think I know how to make pizza, Dileah."

"I wasn't talking about making it, silly. I meant ordering some."

He nodded.

"Good idea. Then we can get to movie watching sooner."