Chapter 23

Giyuu Tomioka's POV

It's been 2 hours since the incident. Me and the others were waiting for the doctor's response about Shinobu and Sanemi.

"Hey Tomioka, you have to eat something ya know?" Tengen passed me a bag of chips but I refused, the only thing I wanted was Shinobu... And of course Sanemi too...

"I want to talk to Kanae, where is she?"

"She's in the canteen" I nodded as a thanks and left for the canteen. I walked down to the down floor and saw Kanao crying on Tanjiro's shoulder in the waiter's room and a few others, Aoi wasn't in sight, I guess she was with Kanae. I got to the canteen to see Aoi forcing Kanae to eat something.. I went up to them and sat on a chair.

"Aoi, can you give us some privacy?" I asked, Aoi was not interested in leaving her big sister on an empty stomach but she understood what I wanted to talk to her about.

"Fine, but I'll be back in 20 minutes" Aoi left the canteen and it was just me and Kanae.

"I want to tell you something..." She looked straight at me, she looked lifeless, broken... How could she not? Someone just risked their own life for her and her sister is hospitalised.

"I want to tell you everything from the top beginning" She looked away indicating that she was not at all interested but I had to tell her...

"I loved Shinobu for a few months from now... This also means that before we started dating... The reason why I dated you was because I wanted to move on from her. I thought if I spent more time with you, I would eventually fall in love with you..." Kanae slowly started to tear up...

"I know what I did was wrong... But I noticed how badly I wanted Shinobu in my life... And knowing that I can't move on from her... I broke up with you. I did not just break your heart Kanae, I broke Sanemi's and Shinobu's too" Kanae's eyes opened widely when I said Sanemi's name

"Sanemi? What did Sanemi do..?"

"He loved you... He loves you... He still does. Shinobu loved me back but I was too blind to see it. I knew that it was wrong to simply use you so I broke up with you. You deserve so much Kanae, and I can't give it to you.... But he can" She was still shocked by my response. "Just don't ignore his feelings like how I did to Shinobu's" She wiped away her tears as she stood up from her seat.

"I know it's wrong to ask you for forgiveness after what I did... But still... I'm sorry" she continued to walk as she left the canteen.

                                •~•

"Tomioka" I turned to see Rengoku walking towards us

"Hey... How's your neck?" he took a seat between me and Tengen who had already fallen asleep.

"It's fine... Did ya see the doctor?" I shook my head in response. "Oh I see, Sanemi woke up by the way"

"Really? When?"

"Just a few minutes ago, visitors weren't yet allowed in, and he is perfectly fine" thank god he was fine...

"Shinobu Kocho's guardian?" I stood up as I saw the doctor come out of the room

"Her boyfriend, her sister is waiting for someone else" the doctor smiled at me.

"Don't worry, she is fine, she had over 10 cuts on her body though... Some are permanent, but some will leave in a few months or so" She's fine... My Shinobu is alright...

"Can I see her?" The doctor nodded in response.

"She is still sleeping though, but you may visit her" I quickly got into the room to see Shinobu lying down motionless. I  walked close to her, I rubbed her hand as I sat on the chair kept beside her. I drop of tear rolled down my cheek as I kept my forehead on her hand...

"I'm sorry..." I should stopped her from going with Douma... I should have run faster to her... I'm sorry...

"I promise to never leave you by yourself" I felt a hand patting my head... I looked up to see Shinobu awake

"Did I wake you up?"

"I was awake when the doctor left the room, just didn't tell him" She was softly crying... Does it hurt?

"Hey... Does it hurt somewhere?" she shook her head and responded no. "Then why are you crying?"

"Thank you... For coming for me..."

"Shinobu... I will always be looking for you... No matter what..." he giggled in between her sniffing

"Heh," I smiled at her and kissed her forehead making sure that I didn't hurt the cut Douma gave her.

"Douma and the other's... Where are they?"

"Taken in custody, don't talk about them" Shinobu just nodded. "You should sleep, you need rest"

"After a kiss on the lips" even when she is hospitalised... I leaned close to her to give her a quick kiss...

"I'll be leaving" she nodded as I left the room.

Sanemi Shinazugawa's POV

"Fuck..."

"Oh Mr. Shinazugawa!You awake!" I tried to get up but was stopped by the doctor.

"OI! Leave me damnit!"

"Sorry sir, but you have to take a rest, is there somebody that you would like to meet?" I looked at him in silence... Wait... What the fuck is going on?? Where is Kanae? Where is Shinobu?

"Oi! Where is Kanae?"

"Oh you mean Miss Kocho? Would you like to see her?"

"Why the fuck do you think I asked" The doctor nervously laughed as he went out of the room. God my head hurts... The only thing I remember is taking the bullet...

"Sanemi?" Kanae..

"God, are you ok?" I asked, again trying to get up but Kanae slowly pushed me back...

"I'm fine... Thank you... How are you feeling?"

"Better, what about Shinobu?" I had many questions to ask her but I forgot everything after seeing her...

"Yes, she is also fine... The doctor said that she woke up" At least the sacrifice wasn't wasted...

"Hey... Can I ask you something?" I didn't respond but I looked at her

"Do you... Like you know... Hmmm like me..? As in more than a friend-"

Author's Note

The second last chapter of the book, I hope you guys enjoyed it...

The last part will be posted tomorrow, do vote and comment if you enjoyed it!