Chapter 12

Giyuu Tomioka's POV

"Well then, If I confess will you accept me?" I gave her a smirk while she was blushing quite a lot

"Ahem... Y-you won't know u-until you ask me!" She was hiding her blushed face by looking away

"Well then, I'll ask you at the beach to be more... Well you know"

We both went quiet until we reached the beach. We were a bit late, the sun was gonna set anytime now

"Come on! The sun is gonna set!!" She dragged me out of the car running close to the water. "Waaa so pretty!!!"

"Not prettier than you..."

"Are you gonna confess to me Giyuu Tomioka?" Am I gonna do it? Will she reject me? I can't hide my feelings forever now, can I?

"Well then... Since this was out of the blue, I haven't thought of any cheesy lines to go along with this confession..." I heard her giggling as I touched the fingertips of her hands.

"I know that you like someone else Shinobu, and I wanted to move on from you, but you keep dragging me back to you and the more distant I get from you, my heart aches so fucking bad... I love you... I don't know if I can treat you any better than he can but I will love you with all my heart no matter what..."

Shinobu Kocho's POV

I couldn't control my laughter from the beginning of his speech.

"You fucking idiot, I was gonna tell you that I loved you, but then Kanae announced to me your relationship with her. I was heartbroken" I had a lot to say but I was cut off by the warm tears rolling down my cheek. I took a while to catch my words and he gave me time to

"And this person who you thought I liked was you all along, I don't think I will have the courage to love someone other than you, I heard you that night, talking to me, you thought I was asleep, but you said you loved me, not love me... I thought your feelings for me were before... And now you moved on"

"I don't think I can fall in love with someone else other than you either ya know?" he placed a kiss on my forehead and wiped away my tears.

"You have changed a lot Tomioka San... You would shoo me off whenever I got close to you" I laughed softly and so did he

"I'm sorry... I just had a tough time expressing my feelings"

He rests his forehead on mine, I want to pull him down and kiss him on the lips but my height says no. I tried to stand on my toes and reach out to his lips and that was when he kissed me himself. It was warm... Comfortable... Does he have any idea how long I waited for this moment? He kept his hand at the back of my neck pulling me a bit and one hand brushing my cheek. While I had both my arms wrapped around his neck.

The kiss did not last for more than 10 seconds when I pulled away... I did not want to but there are people around us... Maybe we could get more privacy?

"Maybe we should continue later" I stood back on my heels as I let go of him

"Yeah we should" he nodded, and we walked around the beach talking about the old days when Tomioka and Sabito would come to our house to meet Kanae.

Soon it was 8 and we had to go home, I didn't want Aoi worrying about me again

"Should we tell the others?"

"It's probably the best if we don't, you and Kanae just broke up..." He nodded. We got in his car and drove back to my home.

"Well then Tomioka San! I'll see you tomorrow at school!"

"Mhmm, good night Shinobu, love you..."

"Oh what was that~?" he just laughed as I wished him good night, I got back home to see Aoi scolding Kanao for coming home late and Kanae just watching the drama

"Oh! So you are finally here! Where were you?!"

"I was hanging out with Tomioka San, I told you no Aoi?" She left a disappointed sign. "And! What happened at the restaurant?!" and there she goes again...

"Ahh let's not talk about that now, shall we? How are you Onee San?" I kept the plant that Giyuu gave me

"Better, didn't know that Sanemi would be the comforting type" She let out a small chuckle. Will she be mad at me when I say that I am dating her ex? "You look cheerful today, did the old man hit your head?"

I could see Kanao forcing herself not to laugh and Aoi let out a small laugh... I did change huh?