𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒔𝒕

𝙖𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙡 𝟴𝙩𝙝,𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵

JULIETTE STOOD NEAR A BANISTER WHEN EVERYTHING BEGUN. She watched as lights began to shine from Sloane, Viktor, Lila and Chris as they began to trap the kugel with its own gravity. She felt the vibrations and how everything began to shake a little as they attempted to contain the anomaly. She felt something speeding, something she had never felt before, but a part of her couldn't care about it. So she didn't speak, didn't move, just watched with a sorrowful expression.

Five stood near her, merely holding her hand, as he watched the ordeal.

Juliette was a statue until Grace came down into the basement. Juliette noticed a shadow and she turned her head over at the moment Grace came down from the stairs. Something shivered down her spine as she spoke.

"You didn't tell me you were building a prison for God." She garbled.

"Mom?" Diego asked.

"You have no right to do that."

Her hand tightened against her husband's and she had no time to react when Grace pulled out a flamethrower and turned it on. The flames hit skin and she felt a burn beginning on a part of her body. Grace was garbling and mumbling something that she could hardly hear. She got up, pulling Five with her behind the wall. She looked to her arm where a piece of leather from the jacket was completely burned off and her skin had turned red and black.

"Shit." She sighed, throwing herself down as the flame came again.

"Juliette, you have to let me go."

She turned her head, "What?"

"Let me go." It was then that she noticed the shield she had placed around Five.

It was embarrassing how her new found power was so telling. Her mind knew what he was going to do – try and stop Grace – but she wanted nothing more than to protect him. Her mind pushed her emotions onto Five. And hers prevented any powers to overcome hers.

Juliette looked for an escape, someone else to focus on and it was then that Diego looked back, worried beyond belief and it clicked.

Whatever Juliette had felt towards Five had then been transferred onto Diego and a purple shield surrounded him. She didn't know how she was able to take her mind off of her husband, but she had been able to. With Juliette's power off, Five was able to teleport to Grace and jump the both of them upstairs - unfortunately ending her life.

It wasn't long, however, that her mind drifted back to Five.

Something happened to Juliette as she tried to stand up from the ground. She felt nauseous and leaned over as if to throw up, but instead felt as if she was fading. Something pulled her towards the kugel, but as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared.

The rest began to fade into the day. The celebration. The cheers. The champagne popping. Her ears were wavering. Her presence was fading as if she wasn't really there. She was there. Just not...there. She was in the corner and had Been poured Five champagne, Sloane and Lila dancing with their partners, the cheering of another saved world.

But she couldn't feel it.

She didn't feel the victory anymore.

In this universe, instead of two turning away from the party, it was three.