𝐓𝐄𝐍: 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟸𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟹

LILA DUG THROUGH DUSTY FILES OF THE COMMISSION'S EX-PERSONNEL FOR OVER TWO HOURS. She had been getting agitated at how many people who worked in the commission had the letter H in their last names. She had been digging so much that she though that she would pass out from the blood lost from paper cuts. It wasn't until she reached the file labeled Hargreeves, Five did she finally sigh in relief. She had first gone through medical files first, only to find close to nothing and it had been under Number Five, Hargreeves, so she only assumed it would be the same across the spectrum.

Turns out the Commission was a mess with some of its paperwork. It would been easier working digitally, but she didn't want leave footprints or a trace of what she was searching for.

She threw all the other files of personnel away from the table and laid down Five's paperwork. It had everything – his day of employment to the day he abandoned his job, his kill count, his misdemeanours and write-ups, his apartment address, his payment and benefits (which was too much for Lila's taste) and one interesting fact.

"He was married?" Lila asked into the empty room. She scoffed, "Who the hell would marry that lunatic?"

She looked down the file. 

Spouse: Juliette Valendur

Curiosity got the best of her and Lila ended up pulling another file before she fell down the rabbit hole. It was file after file, report after report. It wasn't long before Lila grabbed a briefcase along with the piles of paper she had compiled. Knowing what she knew now, she hadn't endangered herself.

No.

She hadn't endangered herself, but someone else.

ELLA DIDN'T KNOW WHERE SHE WAS GOING AS SHE WANDERED THE STREETS OF DALLAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. She had thought about heading to Elliott's place, but knew that would be the last place she should go. She had said what she said and she couldn't take it back. Maybe she could, but with the amount of force she said and established it, she hardly thought it possible.

So, it resulted in her walking across the streets, avoiding lampposts and any type of lighting. She didn't know it was so frightening walking in the streets alone. The only time she had been in the streets, she had been with Lila and Diego. Now she had no one, but herself.

She stepped on a puddle, scuffling quickly to avoid anyone looking in her direction.

She felt relief that she was no longer tied to anyone, but also afraid that she may not make it on her own. She scoffed at her own self, clinging onto the cardigan around her shoulders. She was a hypocrite – wanting to be alone, but not lonely. Wanting independence, but afraid to go out on her own.

The true fear was not knowing what one wants.

Ella walked until the shop lights turned off and all that was glowing were streetlights and lamp posts/

Ella stopped when she noticed a blue light flashing underneath a street light. She instantly thought of crossing the street, but instead, her eyes caught sight of a figure. She got her feet to move near the corner of the street, but a voice stopped her.