𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝟸𝟷𝚜𝚝, 𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟹

ELLA MADE IT BACK TO ELLIOTT'S APARTMENT BY THE TIME THE SUN ROSE. She had spent the whole night running through streets and trying to find familiar landmarks before she actually recognized her surroundings. Ella practically hurtled through the doors of the television store.

"Five?" She called out. "Diego? Elliott?"

Except, there was no answer. 

She went around the television sets, only to see the words OGA FOR OGA written on the floor in blood. She looks to her hands, not seeing blood, but she knew (or thought she knew) that it was only her mind playing tricks on her. 

She ran to the top to find that no one was there, no one except a chair with a white cover over it. Ella ignored it as she ran to the other rooms, ensuring that she was there alone. She huffed in frustration, but went back towards the stairs. 

There was no giving up.

However, her attention was drawn back to the chair with the cover thrown over it. She neared it and carefully pulled back the cover. She dropped the cover and took a hard step back when she saw Elliott, mauled and tortured. Her hand shook as it brought her hand to her face.

"Oh Elliott." She whispered as a tear ran down her cheek.

Ella didn't know Elliot a whole lot, but he was human. He was a human who assisted the Hargreeves, who always made sure that they ate, who allowed Ella to borrow clothes, who always seemed enthusiastic about whatever they were doing just by being there. Elliott was a kind man who deserved to live longer.

She closed her eyes and reached for the cover and covered him up, out of respect. She couldn't do anything to honor him or bring him to peace, but she promised herself she'd do it later. She whispered an apology – for him, his ex-wife and his son, Edward – before running down the stairs and exiting through the door. 

She prayed a small prayer, ensuring that wherever Elliott was then, that he was safer and happy. 

Then, she wiped her tears and pulled herself together. Ella tried to put her thoughts in order.

If she was one of the Hargreeves, where would she be? Definitely not together, but separate. Vanya was at the farm, too far away. Klaus...she didn't know where. Maybe Allison was at work. And, she assumed, Luther was someone near the clubs. Her best bet was trying to find them in the streets. Ella stuffed the papers in her pocket for safekeeping and walked along the streets of Dallas.

She had to find them. 

Ella hadn't made it down the street to the stop sign when she was stopped by a horn. She jumped, startled. Ella blinked in surprise, but not shock.

Five leaned over and opened the car door, "Get in."

Ella didn't argue nor question it. He was the best person to speak to. She jumped in, closed the door and they were off.

Five spoke, calm in his tone, but his heart burning – either from love, heartbreak or both. "You came back?"

"I'm allowed to change my mind, which I didn't necessarily." Ella said. "But you were right." Five raised his eyebrow, eyes still on the road, "You were right about Lila. To...not trust her."