Chapter Nineteen

His father and him remained in the kitchen, carrying on their conversation until they heard a shared, loud laugh break through from the living room. Akaashi curiously walked to the doorway his father moved away from, entering the living room with a confused expression. "Oh, honey, Kenma was just telling me about you giving Bokuto the wrong cup last night." A flushed embarrassment ran over Akaashi's face, his gaze quickly shifting to Kenma.

"It was an accident, I swear!" He exclaimed, which caused Kenma to chuckle, patting the seat next to him. Akaashi walked over and sat beside him with a forming smile, "I suppose you two are getting along?"

"I'd like to think so, he is quite funny, I must say." His mother commented, which healed his heart in ways he didn't know he needed it.

"That's great, I'm glad you're getting along."

"Oh, I asked Kenma, but would you like to come over for dinner on Sunday? If you'd like, you can bring your other two friends. Kenma informed me about them, and I'd like to meet the people in my Keiji's life." Hesitantly, Akaashi's smile grew at the question. If he could, he'd scream from the rooftops how thankful he was at this moment.

"Of course- but are you sure you'd like to have them over, as well? I don't want to shove so much onto you at once." Akaashi tilted his head, and his mother nodded.

"I think talking with Kenma has eased my nerves about it. Besides, I'd love to get to know him, and the other two more. Especially that Bokuto boy you called the last time, Kenma told me he was like us." With a satisfied exhale, Akaashi nodded.

"I was just talking to Father about that,and yeah, I think it'll be great for you to get to know them."

The train ride home was quicker than Akaashi had anticipated, the abrupt stop causing him to open his eyes. He lifted his head off Kenma's shoulder, him taking his hand as they stood up. "Are you awake yet?" Akaashi tiredly gave a smile, interlocking their fingers and walking out of the train station.

"I didn't sleep good last night, that's probably why I'm so tired." Kenma nodded, giving his hand a squeeze before they stopped walking.

"Do you want to come over tonight?" Kenma suggested, and it instantly woke Akaashi up, excitedly nodding.

"Yeah- then we can tell Kotaro and Tetsuro about Sunday." Kenma nodded, continuing their stride as they began drifting off into conversation about meaningless stuff. The walk to the apartment felt like it took years for Akaashi, all he wanted to do was lay down. Today had definitely been draining for him.

Kenma turned the key in the door, slowly opening it to a decently lit living room. He tossed his keys in the bowl beside the door, the two of them removing their shoes. At the sound of the door closing, Bokuto quickly swung the bedroom door open and briskly walked over to them. "You're home!" Bokuto engulfed Kenma in a tight hug, his excitement getting the best of him and squeezing a little too hard for Kenma's liking. With the break of a small squeak, he let him go with an apology. Akaashi wrapped his arms around Bokuto the second he could, shifting nearly his entire weight onto him.

"Where's Tetsu? We need to talk to you two." Kenma announced, Akaashi nodding with his face buried in Bokuto's neck.

"He's in the office, he has his headphones in so I doubt he heard you, I'll go-."

"No." Akaashi choked out at the suggestion of Bokuto getting Kuroo. Kenma smiled, placing a soft hand on Bokuto's shoulder before walking towards the office door.

"Why are you so tired, Keiji?" Bokuto asked, lifting him into his arms and allowing Akaashi to wrap his legs around his waist. He walked towards the couch, taking a seat with Akaashi now straddling his lap tiredly. His face remained burrowed into the crook of Bokuto's neck.