Chapter Eightteen

"Kenma, can you come over here for a second?" Akaashi called from the living room, all sprawled out on the couch in a seemingly uncomfortable position. Kenma walked over from the kitchen with a fresh glass of water; it was the next day and Kuroo and Bokuto had already left for their classes. He climbed onto the couch where he could and suddenly had a bright idea. Kenma noticed Akaashi's shirt lifted a little bit, so he dropped two fingers in his cup and flicked water onto his porcelain skin. In a frantic gasp, Akaashi scrambled to sit up.

"I saw an opportunity and I had to take it," Kenma shrugged, a smug grin floating over his face, "What did you call me over here for?" Akaashi narrowed his eyes before unlocking his phone and handing it to Kenma.

"Does that sound good? Like, do I need to word it differently?" The screen revealed the endless text messages between his mother and him with a premade text sitting in the box at the bottom, awaiting approval to be sent.

Akaashi: You have no right to call me selfish for wanting to take time to understand everything after you laid it all onto me in a matter of - not even - five minutes. I'm coming over this evening, and we will talk this out like civil people. I need to know more, besides I have a worrisome issue I need you to address.

Kenma nodded, handing the phone back as he took a quick sip from his glass before pulling it away from his lips, "Personally, I would never type like that, but you do you, babe." Akaashi rolled his eyes, hesitating for a moment before hitting send. He was quick to close the phone and set it on the coffee table, his hands covering his stressed face as he leaned back with a groan.

"This shit gives me a headache, sometimes I wish everything was back to normal- like how things were before I knew any of this." His voice trailed off, Kenma looking at him intently as he rubbed his eyes.

"At least your life isn't boring?" Akaashi released his hands, letting them fall to his lap as Kenma's eyes remained locked on his.

"Yeah, I guess that's true. I never thought- in a million years, I'd be living the life of the characters in one of my books. It's astonishing to me," he looks over at Kenma, "You guys are far more better than any love interest in those books, anyway." Kenma laughed a bit. Akaashi had always cherished when Kenma laughed- it was nearly a rare occurrence, but seeing that precious smile of his followed by the heart-tickling sounds that left his lips made Akaashi melt every time he was granted the honor of hearing it.

"You're staring, dummy." Kenma leaned forward a bit, poking the bridge of Akaashi's nose that snapped him back from the little trance he was sent into. Akaashi smiled lightly, grazing his fingers over Kenma's cheek as he brushed a few strands of blonde-dyed hair behind his ear. Kenma's eyes softened the longer he stared into Akaashi's eyes- those damned eyes he could so easily get lost in pulled him closer. As if he were hesitant, Kenma lightly connected their lips. Akaashi took his glass, setting it aside on the coffee table as he slowly moved his hand from his cheek to behind Kenma's neck.

"Kenma," Akaashi broke the kiss a minute into it, his eyes staring daggers into Kenma's, "You don't have to say it back if you aren't ready to, but.. I love you." Kenma let out a short breath he had been holding for what felt like eternity. His hands clasped Akaashi's cheeks, smushing them together as he smiled.

"I love you too, Keiji." The following kiss was just as soft as the first, but it quickly escalated. Akaashi was hesitant to put a hand over Kenma's thigh until Kenma grabbed his hand, making him grab it. As their saliva coated each others lips, Akaashi slowly pulled Kenma's thigh over his own- every little touch sending bolts of lightening through his body. Kenma comfortably eased up against Akaashi's lap, a silent gasp escaping Akaashi's lips the moment he felt him do so.