Chapter Thirteen

"- I told you, don't fucking guess that, now you're going to lose!" Kenma shouted, Akaashi nearly in tears as his back rested against the couch near the coffee table. He ran a hand through his hair, sighing as he took a deep breath, "Don't ask me to help you play battleship ever again." Bokuto bowed his head, his body shaking as silent laughs rattled through his body.

"Ken- I think- you need to calm down, just a little bit." Kuroo suggested, which earned a death glare from Kenma. He couldn't help but look down at Akaashi, who was falling to his side at the interaction. Kuroo reached out for him weakly, his laugh only intensifying the more Kenma mumbled more rants to Bokuto's decision.

"Do you want me to put it here, then?" Kenma looked down at his screen as he watched Bokuto drop his pointed finger. He walked over to Kuroo's side, eyeing his board before rushing back to his side.

"No- there." He grabbed his finger, putting it over the number as Bokuto nodded.

"G6?" Bokuto asked with a weary voice, raising his eyebrow at Kuroo. With a quick glance down, he looks up as he holds back laughter.

"Hit-."

"Kenma, you bitch!" Bokuto shouted, swinging to head to Kenma, who walked away muffling a laugh. Akaashi grabbed Kuroo's arm, holding it as his laughter only grew louder.

"I can't- please, I can't do it, I'm going to cry." Akaashi begged as Kuroo had tears forming in the ducts of his eyes when he looked at Akaashi. Kuroo nodded as Bokuto continued shouting at Kenma.

"How could you lie to me like that, you're supposed to be helping me!"

"Maybe don't piss me off by playing bad next time!" Kenma shouted back, soft chuckles coming out of his throat. Bokuto jumped up from his spot on the floor, Kenma's eyes widening as he ran around the couch. Bokuto chased after him while Kuroo helped Akaashi sit up, his body swaying as he leaned against him. Just as Akaashi was about to look at Kuroo, his eyes immediately shot over to the kitchen, where Kenma had shifted into a cat and fallen into the sink.

"My god, don't break anything!" He shouted over as he tried to stand up on his knees, watching as Kenma crawled out of the sink and hopped onto the top of the fridge. A playful growl caught his attention, his eyes flying to the grey and white tinted wolf standing at the bottom of the fridge, "Oh, my..." He whispered under his breath, his heart rate quickening before fixating on Bokuto. Kuroo quickly looked over, his arm reaching to Akaashi's shoulder to settle his building up nerves.

"If seeing him like that is too much for you, I'll get him to change back." Akaashi slowly shook his head, his eyes remaining on the two. Kenma hissed, the fur on his back sticking up as he tried to scoot closer back from Bokuto, who snarled. He ran his tongue across his piercingly sharp teeth.

"Don't be too loud, if someone hears an animal in here, they'll tell the landlord." Bokuto whined, backing down and slowly trotting away from the fridge. Kenma was hesitant, but he hopped onto the counter, then onto the floor. A loud meow left his throat as he ran past Bokuto, hopping onto Kuroo's lap. Bokuto walked over to Akaashi- from where he was sitting, Bokuto looked huge compared to himself. Akaashi hesitantly let the breath he held in out, Bokuto's piercing gaze rattling him.

Kuroo watched intently, his eyes shifting between the two. Akaashi hesitantly raised a hand, placing it on the side of Bokuto's fluffy head. His eyes softened once he felt the silky-smooth fur Bokuto held. "He isn't going to hurt you, if that's what you're worried about." Kuroo reassured him, but Akaashi didn't remove his eyes from Bokuto's.

"I know, I trust him- I just haven't seen him... like this since the attack." Kuroo nodded, Bokuto leaning his head against Akaashi's palm as he sat down in front of him. With delicate pets trailing to the backs of his ears, Bokuto laid flat out on his side against the wooden floor. Akaashi laughed a bit, continuing to pet him as he smiled warmly. Akaashi glanced over at Kenma, who was sitting up in Kuroo's lap, his eyes fixated on Bokuto. Kenma hopped off, Kuroo almost reaching for him to come back, before he shifted back to normal.