Colby - Fight

I didn't know where else to go. Honestly, I hardly even wanted to come to school, but what was I supposed to tell my grandma? My reputation had gone from hero to zero, so where ever I went, somebody was bound to be there, and bound to abuse me, whether it was physically or verbally, so the mostly secluded, bird crap covered table just outside the cafeteria was the best place I could go, and it meant that if Sam showed up, I could talk to him.

I wasn't expecting the shove, and I jerked forward once I felt it. I had gone from trying to sit down, to leaning up against the wood, my back hunched. "Fuck off, Josh."

"Actually, it was me, this time, shit-face." Seth tugged at my neck sharply, making me stand up properly and look at him. He looked at me for a few seconds, turning my face either side, "What? Not gonna' stand up for yourself. Hah! Pathetic, but expected."

He let go of me forcefully, pushing me back a bit. Both Josh and Seth gave me a bitchy smile, turned in the other direction, and started walking away, but I felt an uncontrollable rise in anger. I sprinted at them as fast as I could, with my fist balled-up and ready to hurt someone, however, I guess that my footsteps were too heavy, as Josh turned around and grabbed my wrist firmly. "Again, too predictable, weakling. We were friends for ages, you think I haven't seen you do that to freckled-face nerds before?"

"I've never hurt anyone physically because they were a 'nerd', you deserve all of the kudos for that."

"Haha! Admitting your weak? Admitting your too scared?" He let go of me, but took a few steps towards me, and slightly stood up on his tippy-toes to be face-to-face with me. Josh's voice was squeaky, in a succeeded attempt to mock me.

"Emphasis on the 'when we were friends' part. I'm ashamed that I ever knew you." I shoved him by his shoulder, and he stumbled back, almost falling into a quickly-dodging Seth.

"Oh, you wanna fight, 'eh? We can fight, you dick!"

His hands curled up, and his knuckles grew white, as he took some steps back to get comfortable in the classic pre-fight stance. We we're facing each other, about six feet away. Seth patted him hard on the back, as Josh spat onto the grass. The expression on my face didn't change, but I took some steps back as well. Honestly I didn't care if either one of us got fucked up.

Then I heard Nate's voice yell and he jogged up near us, "What's going on here? Colby, have you been starting fights?" He looked at me, and pouted. I scoffed, but I wasn't smug for long, when I saw Sam come up behind Nate a few seconds later. He looked at me for a split second, our eyes locking, but he blinked and moved to the other side of Nate so that I could barely see him.

I remembered that we weren't the only three people in the world when Seth chuckled. "Oh! I have an idea! How about, 'Sucker Sam' and 'Cock head Colby' fight?" Josh's arms flew by his thighs, but reached over for Sam quickly after. He grabbed Sam's upper-arm, and pulled him back into the position where Josh had been.

Sam's eyes we're scared, but a flicker of anger shined through them. He looked energy drained. My arms had subconsciously lifted, but they fell to my side at the thought of me ever harming him. I couldn't hurt Sam. It would hurt me. We, once again looked at each other for a moment, this one slightly longer then the last, but his eyes shifted to the floor. We both stood there, almost motionless, for a good fifteen seconds, my head shaking wildly as my gaze went from Nate, to Josh, to Seth, to Sam, a few times.

"Well, what are you waiting for, Party Princesses? Go at each other already!" Seth shouted at us, speaking like we were lab-mice.

And then Sam's hands clenched up, his shoulders rose as he took a deep breath. I knew what he was going to do, and I deserved to be punched. I was stupid for ever assuming that we were ever friends, or more for that matter. Sam hated my guts, and there was not a world that could exist that would make me not agree with him.

I froze as his stance lowered, and he began to sprint at me, but his view never left the grass below us.

(I apologise for the inconsistent posting schedule, I have a hard time keeping things like this going for a long amount of time, bit I'll try my best until the end of the story. I'd also like to thank everyone for 5k views! I know I'm a bit late, but that doesn't really matter)