Sam - TV Show

I served up some chocolate ice-cream to Colby, and his face lit up like a kid looking at a candy store. However, before he could start scooping it into his mouth, he had an epiphany. "Shit, I haven't messaged my nanna that I'm having dinner here." He pulled out his phone, typed a bit and then read something. "She says that I can stay here the night if I'd like. It is raining." I looked outside, realising that the reasonably sunny day had turned into a rainy evening.
"If you'd like to stay here, sure you can."

                                     *

The night was pitch black, and you couldn't see three metres out of the window. I closed the curtains in my lounge room while Colby talked to me, "So like, do you just live with your brother?" I walked over to the couch and sat down, turning on the TV, "No, both of our parents work in the hospital though, so they're barely ever home. We also have a sister, but she moved to Texas to go to University. Do you have any siblings?" Before he could talk, the Netflix sound boomed out of the TV, "What would you like to watch?" I said.

We flicked around on Netflix for a bit, before Colby pointed out a show about murderers that he said he loved. The first episode was about a man who bludgeoned his victims to death, and it made me a bit uncomfortable to say the least. My anxious thoughts started to flood in, but, I'm just a bit frightened, I'll be fine. I curled up my legs so that they were touching my chest but still hidden under my sweater, and I started fidgeting with my fingers in the kangaroo pocket as the second episode started playing.

Colby had the biggest,most phsycotic smile on his face I had ever seen, but it changed significantly when he looked over at me. "You ok?" He shuffled a but closer to me on the couch, "Do you not like this? We can change it." I gave a forced smile,
"It's just a bit... spooky. But you can keep watching it-"
"No! It's ok, I'll change it." I was surprised at his chivalry... and lack of slurs.

Time passed quickly, and eventually it was time for bed. We turned off the TV and went into my room, where I realised that Colby didn't have any clothes to sleep in. I told him, and he laughed, "I don't even sleep in pyjamas dude." Before I knew it he was taking off his shirt and shorts, just leaving him in his maroon boxers.

I blushed, not used to seeing a basically bare man in my bedroom. I got my pyjamas out of my neatly packed dresser and started heading for the bathroom to get into them as it seemed lesss srange, but I was interrupted. "Where are you going? Don't leave me alone in your bedroom, that's wacky."
"I need to put on my pyjamas..." He put his lips together and blew out, spitting a bit. I guess it was his way of scoffing. I took that as a sign that I didn't have to leave the room.