Colby - The Party

( ⚠️T.W. Non-consensual kiss⚠️)

Josh's house was decked out with string lights, toilet paper and beer bottles, so I knew it was going to be awesome. Sam was a little hesitant to get out of the car, but less than before, hopping out and walking up the concrete pathway up to the front door with me.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Seth opened the door. "What the hell are you doing here?" He looked at Sam his face turning a nervous grey, "and with him of all people."
"Sam and I are here to have fun at a party, whether people would like us here or not." I held out my hand behind and to the left of me, where Sam was standing, for a high-five, but I felt my palm be covered by another. Sam had held my hand, gave it a squeeze and let go, causing me to stutter on my words a bit.

"Wow, you're so brave and cool. No one thinks you're right in the head anymore Colby, go away." Seth went to slam the door after his sarcasm, but I took another step up onto the slightly higher up concrete slab, and brought my hand up to the door, stopping it from moving any further. I looked at Seth, almost threatening him with my eyes, making him grimace, step back, and let us inside.

The party was at full capacity, music roaring, people screaming, and the waft of alcohol rushing over you. I looked back at Sam to make sure that he was ok, and he was looking at me as well, nodding. We waded through the sea of teenagers, some people recognising me and giving me dirty looks, others looking at Sam with confusion on who he even was. We were able to make it to one of the many lounge rooms, this one wasn't so full, and it was pretty much just us there.

"Colby?" Sam broke the silence.
"Yeah?"
"I need to tell you something."
"Ok, go ahe-"

Our moment was interrupted by a large group of people, some of them I recognised, others that looked quite older. They were loud, and started knocking over bits of china and smaller items of furniture. It seemed like they were chanting something, but there was too many people to be able to make out what it was.

Before I knew it, the group, that was huddled in a big circle, was right infront of me, and someone who I knew emerged. "Josh," he looked like the definition of 'frat boy', wearing a dark blue polo shirt, and khaki pants that cut off just above his shins. "Colby! Or should I call you woman beater? Which one describes you best?" He talked sarcastically, the only time I had ever heard him sound even a little bit street-smart.

I took a step back, knowing that Sam was there and moving my arm back to guide him. I prayed that they wouldn't see him, as they'd verbally abuse the shit out of him. "You know that it wasn't my fault!" I yelled at him, when all of a sudden, another painfully memorable person came into view.

"Calm down boys, stop fighting!" Amelia stepped out from behind Josh, and smiling, she walked up towards me. "Personally, Colbert, I forgive you. I suppose I did come onto you a little bit fast," while speaking, she held her body against mine, our fabric being the only thing stopping this from being anything that she could get in trouble for. She held her hand out, and brushed some of my hair out of my eyes, before holding one side of my chin.

Time moved slowly, as Amelia brought her face up to mine, kissing me. This was worse than the first time, her tounge was wrapped around mine, and I was clearly uncomfortable, but everyone who I thought was my friend until earlier today, was cheering her on. Until I was pushed backwards.