Sam - Brother

Once again, a new day started and I walked to english class, where I unsuprisingly, found Nate. I scooted over onto the wooden bench next to him, and started telling him about the previous night.

"Are you serious? You got one of the douche-iest kids in school to apologize to you?" I nodded and laughed.
"Well, he's not really "douche-y," Nate looked at me with a confused smile.
"You're crazy Sam."
"Thanks Nate." I looked over at the whiteboard to see that our old, frail english teacher had appeared at while we were blabbing, and saw that we were doing a test.

I groaned and opened my book.

                                      *

THREE DAYS LATER (SATURDAY), SAM'S HOUSE.

BING BONG! BI-BI-BIN-BI-BING BONG! "Jesus Christ! I'm coming, I'm coming." The door bell was being repeatedly pressed by my black haired buddy, who was wearing a small black beanie, a brown hoodie and had a swirly smiley-face tote bag draped over his shoulder. I clicked open the door and he strolled right in before I could even say hello. "Wow, you have a pretty nice house." I rolled my eyes and thanked him sarcastically.

After a little bit of dragging, I was able to stop him wandering around my home like a toddler at the supermarket, and led him to my room. "My brother has just gone to the store, but he'll be back soon." Colby looked at me with a bit of a suprised face, "You have a brother?"
"Yeah, Ben. He's my younger brother, he's a sophomore."
"Oh." We sat in silence for a bit, staring into nothingness, with an equal amount to say, until I started searching through my backpack, looking for my science book.

"We made surprisingly good progress on Tuesday night, but we still have a while to go." Colby agreed and got his laptop out of his tote bag, which I took notice of.
"I wouldn't of thought you'd have a tote bag Colby. Too "girly" for you." He paused,  a dramaticly offended look adorned his face, he put his outspread hand on his chest and moved back a bit, "I'm very hurt that you would even think such a thing!" I smiled, trying - and failing - to hold back laughter.

"Alright. Fine, what do we need to do now?" We discussed what we had to do for the project, and realised quite soon that we had done all that we had been assigned so far.

Eventually, we heard the front door open, followed by some heavy footsteps, then my bedroom door was smashed into. I turned and saw Ben chewing on a muesli bar. "Since when did Nate get a botched plastic surgery?" He look over at Colby who was sat in the bean bag in the corner of my room. He opened his mouth, about to talk, but I interrupted him. "No, this is Colby. I have to do school work with him."
"Well don't you sound very enthusiastic about it," Ben said sarcastically, "anyway, there's some dinner in the kitchen that I picked up while I was out. You want some?