Sam - Outfits

It was about 2:45pm when I got the message from Colby, so fifteen minutes after school had ended. He was going to be in detention until 3:30, so said that I should come around to his place in around an hour. This gave me time to prepare. I wanted to look nice, because, as of recently my fashion choices had been dramatically upstaged by Colby's baggy, yet very flattering clothes.

I dived into my closet, searching for anything that would look reasonably nice. I ended up finding my old church clothes, a baby-blue button up, a grey tuxedo and matching dress pants. I scrapped the tux, and put on the shirt and pants, but the top was a bit tighter than expected. I probably should've seen it coming, seeing as I hadn't gone to church since I was thirteen, but luckily I had grown to much.

Before I knew it, it was time for me to go to Colby's house once again. I tiptoed through the house, trying to avoid the judgemental eyes of Ben, then got into my car and drove off.

  *

The horrible smelling fumes pouring out of my car must've been a warning sign for Colby, because as I arrived, he was leaning on the rainlings out the front of his porch. It seemed like he had done the opposite of me, as he was wearing a massive oversized hoodie, and sweatpants that fell over his flip-flops messily.

"What the heck are you wearing?" I slammed the door to my car, and jogged up to him. "I should say the same to you! I just thought that I kind of, over dress sometimes, so I got into something a bit more comfortable," he walked me inside, and pointed to the kitchen, where his grandma appeared from, "Hello Sam!" The little old woman waddled over to me and pecked me on the lips, before stepping back and taking a look at my outfit, "That's a bit masculine, don't you think, love? Why not a dress? It's wonderful weather for it!"

"Nan," Colby shot her a look, as he trodded away from the kitchen island with a plate of assorted cookies and such that she had layed out for us.

We walked up to his bedroom, and shut the door. We just sort of looked at each other for a second, and then I talked, "So... did you tell her about last night?"
"No, she'd get all excited and then bring it up at family events. She has old values, doesn't really understand what harrasment is when it's not coming from a man. But even then, it's just 'intrest'."

He sighed, grabbed a cookie and chucked it into his mouth, and sat down onto his bed with me, "So umm... what are we even supposed to be doing? We've finished the assignment, and there's no more school work that we share that we could do together."

"Uuhhh... do you wanna play a board game? I would say video game, but we had to throw out our Wii."

"You had a Wii? Uhg! I so wish we had one. Anyway, yeah, I'll play a board game with you."

We settled on playing 'Guess Who', and it was fun for the most part, I say most part because it's a board game, how exciting could it ever really be?