Sam - Bullies in the Making

(⚠️T.W.: Swearing, Bullying, People being Sh!t⚠️)

Sigh. "Another day at school," I walked through the halls, heading to my first class of the day, when I saw Kat. I started to walk towards her, but suddenly people pushed in front of me. I didn't think much of it, I got pushed in front of all the time, but I gulped audibly when I looked up at the shadows, who were staring back. Unfortunately though, they did a little more that look at me. "Hey bitch-boy," Seth and Josh were smirking at each other, "I'm gonna cut to the chase. Why are you such a bitch-boy? Why are you such a pussy? Why do you only hang out with girls? You gay cock sucker?" They moved towards me, forcing me to move backwards. People walked past me at faster and faster rates. I looked around to try and see if anyone could help, seeing Colby behind the hell spawn that we're trying to crack me. We're friends now, right? I stared at him for a few seconds, pain in my eyes, trying to give him a signal... but he looked away, walking into the crowded abyss.

The bell went.

Josh and Seth rolled their eyes, kicked me in the shin, and strolled back to class.

I don't understand. The jocks have always been kind of pushy, but never been that mean to me. Did Colby say something about me? Did I say something to make him hate me? Does everybody hate me? Sam, calm down, calm down. I snapped out of my anxiety induced coma, just in time to walk into class.

                                      *

I was dreading the end of the day, as I had to go over to Colby's house to study for science, but eventually, everyone was dismissed from math, and I was forced to do the dreaded. I found him leaning on a pair of lockers on his phone. I walked up to him, but it took a few seconds for him to notice me standing there. "Oh," he clicked off his case-less, smashed up phone, put it down and stood up straight, "hey. You ready to go?" He started walking without letting me respond, but I wasn't going to anyway.

He led me out of the school, across a few crossings and down multiple streets, eventually leading me into his house where an older lady greeted us at the front door. "Colby, you're home! And who's you're girlfriend here?" She squinted, looking me up and down. "Nanna, he's not a girl. I have to do a school thing with him," once again, he started walking into a different room and up some stairs, I took that as a sign to follow him.

"Soooo, this is my room," Colby fell onto a flimsy wheelie-chair, and held his hands out. The walls were lined with assorted posters of half-naked women, pictures of drugs, or black and white, close up pictures of rock bands with their uncomfortably long tongues out. His bed sheets here black and it was unmade, and the floor was coated with old clothes and rubbish.

I stared in horror at one of the half-naked women, this one lying on a moving car. Colby noticed what I was staring at. "That's Prosciutto. You don't want to know why she's called that." He spun around to face his desk and clicked on his PC. I slung my bag off my shoulder, popping it on to a clean patch of floor, and sat on the low down bed, getting my science textbook out.