Sam - Thoughts

I sprinted out to my car, avoiding his grandma as I sped through the doors. As soon as I got into the vehicle, I froze. I didn't know what else to do but look straight ahead at the orange glow of the sunset that had quickly turned dark.
The flickering of street lights eventually led me out of my trance, but I was still left bewildered after the previous events.

I had never... done anything like that before, and the premise scared me a little bit, but Colby makes me feel safe, whether we're kissing or not. I felt a little bit guilty that I had just up and left, but I also didn't feel like going back in there.

Taking a deep breath, I started my car, and drove back home.

As soon as I got back, I heard Ben yell through the walls, "How'd your date go?" I audibly gasped, had he heard? Did Colby tell him? Does that mean he told other people as well? Am I going to get even more bullied at school?

Ben strolled in front of me with a plate in hand, and half a slice of toast in his mouth. "Arrr yuuoorr ookarrr?" His voice was slurred as a result of the toast, and he sounded like a character from 'H2o: Just add Water', so it made me smile, but my face must've looked horribly misshapen with all of those mixed emotions, as he looked at me with fright and walked away. Trying to calm, I ran my hand through my hair and noticed how much I had been sweating, but I didn't blame myself.

My bag made a loud-ish Clunk sound as I ditched it on the already disgusting floor of my bedroom, and walked into the bathroom. Almost one entire side of the bathroom wall was a mirror, so I got to take a good look at myself.

My eyes twitched. My lips quivered. My eyebrows were half way up my forehead, the crease lines looking like wave marks in the sand. "What just happened?" I whispered to myself slowly. I didn't realise Colby felt that way, and I didn't realise that... I felt that way as well.

I tried to shut my mind up, but as I took a bath, changed into my dinosaur pyjamas, had some toast, and got into bed, I couldn't stop thinking about him.

God, I feel like a twelve year old girl crushing over Justin Bieber.

My sleep was restless that night, and very interrupted. Not just because of my thoughts about him, but also just silly thoughts running through my head, such as: we don't know the biggest lie in history ever told, as it is being told to us right now*, and other stupid things, that might be blatantly obvious (clearly not to my tired mind though).

I rubbed my hands over my eyes, and reached over to my bedside table. I didn't want to message him, it would be WAY to weird, but I could at least see what he used to do before me.

His old Instagram pictures were mostly photos of bands that he liked, like Slipknot, or tattoos that he wanted for when he was older, but there were also a few of him wearing denim jackets that were slightly to large, and nothing below them, But I don't know whether it was because I was too tired or what, but I found myself continually zooming in on his abs.

I grunted, angry with myself. After a couple of years worth of pictures, I thought that that would be the end of it, but there was one at the end of his library of images. Colby would've been ten or eleven, and he was standing next to a woman and a man. They were much taller than him, and the woman had long, black hair, while the man had brown, scruffy hair. Both of them were very attractive, so I could see where he got his looks from. "His mom and dad."

(Thanks to the 'Shower Thoughts' SubReddit for that one)