The Darkness Comes

(Y/n)'s POV

"Are you sure we should be doing this?"

'We have to.'

Lloyd And I walk with Warden Noble through a wing of Kryptarium Prison after having gotten a request from our father.

"This is our new maximum-security wing. We spared no expense, I assure you." Noble tells us.

"Very wise." Lloyd says.

"And very needed." I add.

"Yep. The entire wing was built for one purpose... to hold the rottenest egg of all. Well... good luck." Noble states before he runs off, "See you on the way out."

Lloyd turns towards him, "Aren't you gonna—" The door slams shut and reactivates the laser scan, "Stay?"

I sigh and pull a switch, causing a pathway to zoom out in front of us towards father's cell. “Hello Father.” I greet as Father puts down the magazine he’s reading.

"Well, well, if it isn't the Golden and Purple Ninja. To what, do I owe the honor?" Father asks.

"You sent for us, remember? You said it was urgent." I reminds him, my tone filled with annoyance.

"Did I? Hmm. That doesn't sound like me." Father says as he turns around slowly, expressing his carelessness, "I have all the time in the world in here."

"Fine." Lloyd says before he and I start walking away, "Then I guess we'll just—"

"Oh, yes." Father turns towards us, causing us to stop in our tracks, "I remember now. I did call you two. Do you remember the last time we saw each other? What I said?"

Lloyd looks at him confused, but I suddenly recall what he said at Borg Tower.

"You said something was coming." I respond, removing my arm from Lloyd’s grip and walking closer to the cell.

"Yes, but you didn't listen. And now, I'm afraid there isn't much time." Father tells us.

"Time for what?" Lloyd questions.

Father smiles, "To prepare for the darkness, destruction. The end of Ninjago. And while I'm okay with that, in principle, I'd rather not be destroyed along with you, so I've decided to help you fight them."

"Fight who?" I ask, dreading the answer that I hope I didn't already know.

"The Bringers of Doom. You and your color-coded little ninja are no match for them. There's only one thing powerful enough to stop them." Father says.

"Let me guess. You." Lloyd speaks dryly.

Father sighs, "Let me out, and you might have a chance."

"Hmm. How do I put this?" I say, tapping my finger to my chin in fake thought. I then give father a hard glare, "No! N-O. Not if you were the last person in all of Ninjago! There is nothing you will say that will make us trust you ever again. Goodbye!"

I grab Lloyd by the arm and start to walk away.

"Hmm. You'll be back." I hear father tell us.

I ignore his words and pull the lever to the bridge before walking out the security door.

"You can let go of me now." Lloyd states and I immediately let go of his arm, "He's just trying to get under your skin, sis."

I huff, "I know, but that doesn't change the fact that he knows something that we don't. Something that we barely know anything about."

"Hey, we'll get through this. There hasn't been a single threat that we haven't been able to defeat." Lloyd assures.

"Right. And if anything comes, we'll be ready for it." I say before giving Lloyd a fist bump.
__________________________________
Cole's POV