BlazingAmber {Kai x Skylor}

Kai's POV

"You know, when I asked if you wanted to hang out, I kind of meant a nice movie or something, y'know? Not doing…" I sigh as I dry another noodle bowl, "Work."

Skylor had brought me to her noodle restaurant after I had asked her if she wanted to hang out. She said something about working a bit more before closing for the day.

"You don't have to stay, you know." She says as she cooks noodles on the stove. Her tone held a bit of annoyance.

"I didn't mean it like that, Sky. I love hanging out with you, no matter where we are. I'm just… a bit bored." I explain. I stop washing dishes and lean against a counter next to her, "I think we should try and make working a bit more interesting. Y'know, spice things up." I smirk and shoot her two finger guns as I light the tips of my fingers on fire.

"Are you suggesting a competition, hot shot? In my own work space?" She asks, a smirk of her own forming on her face.

"Well, I am the master of fire." I tell her, lighting one fist on fire, "I think I can work my way around the kitchen.

"And I'm the master of amber." Skylor places a hand on my chest and I tense up a bit as she leans in. Her hand then glows and she suddenly backs up before setting her own fist on fire with my power, "I'm also the only one between us who has experience in the kitchen."

She warms up a bowl of noodles with her hands and starts to walk out the kitchen doors, "First one to complete 20 orders wins!"

"Wha-!" I look at her in surprise after the blush on my face had died down. I then smirk, growing determined, "Oh, you are so on!"

I immediately get to work, turning on a stove and placing noodles inside of a pot. Unfortunately for me, Skylor had already finished her first bowl when this challenge started, so I rush to make my first bowl.

Once done, I rush the noodles out to the customer waiting, "Here's your noodles, hope you enjoy!"

I turn to leave, but the customer grabs my arm, "Wait just a minute! I asked for shrimp in my noodles, not tofu."

"Then who wanted the tofu?" I question as I remove my arm from the man's grip and look around the restaurant. After spotting the customer, I grab the bowl and hurry over to her, "Noodles with tofu?"

"Yes, thank you." She says, though I head back into the kitchen before she could say anything else.

"Okay, that's one." I say as I start to work on more noodles.

"And I'm at three." Skylor teases as she walks back into the kitchen.

I smirk, "Don't worry, you won't be in the lead for long."

I make another noodle bowl, this time with shrimp in it. Once done I walk out the kitchen and give the noodles to the man I had accidentally given the tofu.

"About time." He grumbles.

"Enjoy your meal." I say, ignoring his words and heading back into the kitchen just as Skylor walks out with two bowls of noodles.

I look at her stove and see more noodles already being cooked for when she gets back.

"I think it's time to slow down the competition." I say as I take the pot of noodles off the stove. I then get back to my stove and start making noodles with pork and onions.

I hear Skylor come back in and she gasps as she sees her pot of noodles off the stove, "What the-! Kai!"

"You might want to keep an eye on your stove, Sky." I taunt as I exit the kitchen with a bowl of noodles.