Regionals round 3

Riley's pov

{ " Let me take over, your hands trembling. You've gotten us this far now let me take us the rest of the way."} I said softly. Ben unlike me couldn't suppress his nervousness and I could avoid screaming as long as he didn't have me switch more than once a day. So I figured he could rest as I finished the tournament for us.
" My turn." I declared drawing Fairy Meteor Crush even as I felt the agonizing pain that came with every switch. I'd hoped that eventually over time I would get used to the burning sensation but despite switching regularly it still hurt the same every time. " I'll play the equip spell Fairy Meteor Crush. After all a meteor is all it takes to wipe out some dinosaurs. Battle Metarion Ladonstar attacks your Hyper HammerHead. !Impact Radiant Trident ! "
The three heads of Ladonstar each charged a beam  of light and simultaneously fired them at Hyper HammerHead destroying it  and reducing our opponents LP to zero. Good his facedown must've been a trap that destroys monsters since he didn't play it. Removing our deck from the holo table i headed back to the waiting room and began watching the next couple of matches. The green haired kid played next and he soundly defeated his opponent though once again his draws were suspiciously good.
{ " Ben you might be on to something with this guy cheating."} I said trying to look closer at the green haired boy's arm. Unfortunately the angle of the camera wasn't good enough for me to tell if he had something under his sleeves.
{ " If he's cheating can you beat him? " } Ben asked, I  could feel concern.
{ " Eh shouldn't be a problem." } I replied doing my best to sound reassuring and hide any feelings of unease. After all I built our deck to compensate for our lack of plot armor.
The next match has started and was rather boring. Both duelists were using similar dragon decks which resulted in nearly identical turns. After turn five I stopped caring and thankfully by turn seven it was over. The match after that was more promising with one boy playing a spellcaster archetype I'd never heard of called Seven Roads and another playing a fairy deck. Eventually after another two rather boring matches it was my turn again. Walking out I claimed the blue side of the holo table for this game, forcing my opponent whose name I didn't remember to take the red side.
" Duel." Both of us declared drawing our hands. I looked over my cards which consisted of: Bad Aim, Wind-up Knight, Emissary of the afterlife, Polymerization, and Gift of the Martyr.
" I'll start things off by summoning Wish dragon in attack mode." My opponent said. " Now with his special ability I'll sacrifice him to summon two dragon tokens."
( Dragon tokens- Dragon/Earth/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0)
"Now with my Dragonic Tactics spell card I can sacrifice both my tokens to summon a level 7 or higher dragon from my deck." Declared the boy across from me. The Dragon Tokens turned into statues and then a crumbled as electricity filled the arena obscuring my vision. " Appear my Divine Dragon Titanomakhia."
A fearsome purple and gold dragon with three heads one purple, one blue, one yellow appeared.
( Divine Dragon Titanomakhia- ATK 3000/Def 2500)
" I'll set three cards and end my turn." My opponent said.
" My turn. I draw." I declared while drawing Card of Demise. " First I'll summon Emissary Of The Afterlife in defense mode, then I'll set a face down. Turn end."
" Then it's my move." My opponent shouted drawing a card. Fortunately for me he seemed unhappy with it. " Battle Divine Dragon Titanomakhia Attack his Emissary Of The Afterlife. ! Trinity Divine Burst ! "
All three of the dragons heads fired different colored beams at my reaper looking monster destroying it.
" Emissary Of The Afterlife effect activates allowing both of us to add a Level 4 or lower normal monster to our hands." I said searching my deck for Imaginary Actor.
" I'll add Luster Dragon to my hand." He declared.
" Imaginary Actor for me." I said.
" I summon Luster Dragon in attack mode and end my turn." He said curtly.
" I draw." I declared. Putting my hand onto the deck I realized I needed to draw something to help me swing over that dragon or I was done. I drew my card and glanced at it, Pot of Greed. " I'm playing the spell card Pot Of Greed which allows me to draw two new cards."
I drew Harpies Feather Duster and Brain Control, perfect.
" Now I'll activate Harpies Feather Duster to destroy all of  your spell and trap cards." I declared as a feather began to sweep across his field destroying his three set cards.
" I activate Forbidden Lance, for the cost of 800 of my dragons attack points it becomes uneffected by spell and trap cards until the end of the turn." My opponent declared before his cards could be destroyed.
" Next I'll summon Wind-up Knight in attack mode. Then I'll play Brain Control which by paying 800 Life Points allows me to take control of your Luster Dragon." I said frustrated that I couldn't take his Divine Dragon Titanomakhia.
( Riley/Ben LP: 3200) ( Opponent LP: 4000)
" After that I'll play the spell Gift Of The Martyr sacrificing your Luster Dragon and giving it's attack points to Wind-up Knight." I declared.
( Wind-up Knight- ATK: 3,700)
" Battle Wind-up Knight attacks. ! Gear Blade Slash! " I called out. Wind-up Knight jumped up and prepared to slash at Titanomakhia who fired three beams back Wind-up Knight who brought his sword up to cut through the beams and slash at the dragon.
  (Ben/Riley LP: 3200) ( Opponent LP: 2500)
" Titanomakhia can't be destroyed by battle you fool. " My opponent explained the reason his dragon was still on the field.
" Turn end." I said as both our monsters attack points returned to normal. Despite the fact that I was at a disadvantage I wasn't worried, after all I was better than some random no name duelist.
" Then I'll take over." He said drawing a card " I'll activate Pot Of Greed in order to draw two new cards."
This time he looked pleased with what he drew which probably didn't bode well for me.
" Titanomakhia Attack his Wind-up Knight." The boy across from me declared with a hand flourish.
" Wind-up Knights ability" I began saying before I was cut off.
" I activate the quick play magic card Forbidden Scripture, this negates all other effects on the field until the end of the battle and forces damage calculation to be done with the original attack and defense values." My opponent said slamming his spell down on the holo table. This time it was his dragon's beams that overpowered my knight's sword blasting it away. " I'll set one card facedown and end my turn."
(Ben/Riley's LP: 2000) ( Opponent LP: 2500)
" My turn." I drew Astral Barrier which was completely useless in this scenario. " I'll set a card facedown and activate my Card of Demise spell, this allows me to draw until I hold five cards but during the fifth standby phase I discard my entire hand."
Drawing three cards I got: Serpainter, Night beam, fusion recovery.
" I'll activate the magic card Night Beam to destroy your facedown." I declared, as a spotlight shot from my side of the holo table and hit his facedown revealing it to also be Bad Aim. " Now I'll activate Polymerization to fuse my machine type Imaginary Actor and dragon type Serpainter together."
" This is an intertwined fate, a forbidden existence born from joining." I chanted as my two monsters began to overlap each other forming. " Fusion summon cyborg type Metarion Vritrastar. Vritrastar's choice effect I can either change a monster's battle position or I can destroy dragons equal to the number of cyborg types I control. I choose to the effect that destroys dragons so say goodbye to your Divine Dragon Titanomakhia. Now Metarion Vritrastar attacks directly. ! Draco Ex Machinx !"
Grabbing our deck after my opponent's life points were reduced to zero I began walking to the waiting room with a smirk.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long to get out. I wasn't sure whose pov i wanted to use for this chapter and then scripting the duel was somewhat difficult because I wanted enough of a challenge to highlight Ben and Riley's different mindsets in the face of adversity and show off another Metarion monster.

Any ideas for a prize for the regional tournament? I have an idea but i kinda want to sit on it for later so I'm opening the floor for discussion.

Next time: We hopefully wrap up regionals against the potential cheater.