Chapter 10: A mother's pov

Disclaimer: I still don't own Yu-Gi-Oh

So given I'd like to take some time to respond to a couple of reviews.
-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annie pov

Three weeks after the match with Joey.

Location: Kaiba Dome

After checking Ben in Jeff and I went up the stands so that we'd be able to watch the duels take place. Ben had become infatuated with duel monsters ever since he had seen the battle city finals on TV but it was quite a surprise to hear that he'd racked up enough wins at local tournaments to qualify for the youth regional championship. Though maybe in hindsight I shouldn't be surprised. Jeff and I both worked and were often busy, maybe that was why Ben sometimes looked at us like we were strangers or stiffened when we hugged him. But he was still our son and we'd support him, in fact we'd taken the day off to cheer him on.

" I hope he does well, he's so obsessed with this game I worry what a loss would do to him." Jeff said as we sat down.

" Yeah, sometimes I swear he spends more time at Kame Games than with us." I said as the first two duelists were led out. " Mr. Muto says Ben's very good and that he even impressed a pro player. So I'm sure he'll do fine."

" I suppose the grandfather of The King of Games would know what he's talking about." Jeff said the duel went on in the background neither of us paying much attention to it or what the duelists and announcer were saying.

" And he's done it Patrick Young advances to the next round." The announcer's voice sounded over the loud speaker as a bejeweled dragon wiped out one of duelist life points.

As the two duelists were led out of the arena Ben and another duelist who was announced as Dimitri were led in. Ben's opponent was dressed in a green shirt with a beetle on it wearing glasses that also had a beetle.

" It's Ben's turn we better pay attention." Jeff said we both turned to watch.

Ben walked up to the blue holo table and placed his deck on it. His opponent did the same thing over at the red table.

"Duel." Both Ben and Dimitri said as they drew their five cards after determining that Ben would go second.

" I'll start by summoning Petite Moth and equipping it with Cocoon of Evolution from my hand. Now I'll play the spell Cocoon of Ultra Evolution. This allows me to sacrifice my Petite Moth to summon my Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth. Isn't it beautiful?" Said Dimitri who was looking rather proud, before setting two cards and ending his turn.

" That Moth has a lot of attack points I wonder how Ben plans to deal with it ?" I asked Jeff in mild awe over how realistic the hologram of the moth looked.

" My turn." Ben said as he drew his card. Ben looked at his cards for a moment before grabbing one and setting it on the table. The place where Ben's card was set flipped and part of Dimitri's table flipped revealing a card. " In order to activate my Magical Contract Door, this allows me to add a Level seven or eight Drake monster to my hand. I'll take Nightmare Magician."