Chapter 28

Lily's Pov
I was finally in LA with my son. We first went to a hotel and lodged there. The next day, I went in search of houses and I was able to buy one in an estate close to Helen's clinic. The house was a bungalow but very wide and luxurious. I went back to the hotel and took Diego, then headed to our new home. When we arrived, I cleaned the house and ordered for furnitures online. I and Diego had to sleep on the floor today then. I cooked food for me and him before I took his bath and put him to sleep. Diego didn't speak much always, he was kind of an introvert like me, he acted like me but looked like his father. I went to bed as well but was woken by the doorbell. I quickly went to answer it and it was a woman like my age who was carrying a two years old baby girl, a four year old boy and had a German Shepherd puppy by her side.

"I guess you are my new neighbor" she said.

"How may I help you?" I asked coldly.

"Just wanted to say hi, I brought you a present" she said.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"A puppy" she said handing over the lead to me but I only glared at her.

"I am sorry but I don't want " I said rudely before closing the door. I turned around and found Diego standing behind me with a sad face.

"Can we keep him?" He asked cutely.

"But why do we need one?" I asked

"Please mummy." He said.

"Fine." I said opening the door and found the dog sitted in front of my doorstep. "Okay, now this is weird" I said before carrying the puppy inside.

"Yay!" He exclaimed and I handed over the puppy to him. "Thanks mummy, your the best" he said now hugging my leg. I patted his head and then he withdrew back and ran away with his puppy or should I say our puppy.

Conner's Pov
Today was the day that I was going to meet Shirley. I dressed in my best attire and drove off in my Rolls-Royce to a luxirious restaurant where she was waiting for me. I sat across her and she grinned at me.

"Hello Shirley." I said calmly.

"Hello Conner. It is nice to meet you." She said.

"Same here. So how are you?" I asked.

"I am cool, my dad told me a lot about you." She said.

" Mine too" he said. I felt another presence behind me and when I turned around I found a little boy holding a dinosaur toy in his hand. He looked exactly like me but had a different colour of eyes, blue. Have I seen those eyes before they look familiar.

"Hello" he said nicely.

"Hello dear, are you lost?" I asked.

"No, my mummy is talking with her patient, sorry to bother you." He said cutely.

"No it is okay, you didn't bother me" I said sweetly.

"But your friend thinks I am a distraction on your date" he said.

I turned around and found Shirley showing a angry glare at the boy. "Shirley, do you see him as a distraction?" I asked.

"Of course not. He is just cute." She said giving a fake smile.

"Diego! Diego Quinn!" I heard a woman yell. Everyone turned to her and the little boy behind me ran to her and hugged her legs.

"I am sorry mummy, my ball rolled to uncle's seat so I had to go fetch it. Sorry mummy." He said afraid.

"It is okay baby, you could have just informed me and I would have gotten you a new one. Please don't run off like that again. You made me worried." She said. That woman looked so familiar, her hair, her face, her eyes, it all looked familiar. I decided to ask her if I had seen her before but Shirley grabbed my hand.

"Conner please don't go" she said.

"Don't worry, I would need back on time" I said before standing up to follow the woman.