<chapter 2>

Hazel doesn't remember much about the ceremony. If it hadn't been for Louise pumping her in the ribs to remind her to pass on the ring, she'd probably still be standing there playing cat-and-mouse with James Dean.

She twirled her napkin listlessly until it made a point and listen with half an ear to the toasts and speeches. The master of ceremonies could have gotten some kudu horns in the meantime and she wouldn't have even noticed. But she was determined to do one thing. She wasn't going to look around and look for James Dean, even though she knew exactly which table he was sitting at. Just now he thinks she is desperate and she can't allow that.

Cool, calm, used to sexy. This is who Hazel Smith was.

The guests get up table by table to help themselves to the buffet. It gets rowdy with all the laughter and chatter encouraged by the delicious smell of the food in the serving platters. Hazel didn't really have an appetite and wished the dance music would just start so she could look at the people and get her mind off the strange man.Then it hit her out of the blue. She will have to dance with him! It's tradition for the bridesmaid and groomsman to dance with each other at a wedding.

Her palms start to sweat and her ears itch for the falls. She knows it only too well. These are the first signs of a hormonal takeover and undoubtedly warning lights against possible simplistic behavior. What if she messes up? Fall over her feet or something?

Hazel's throat tightens briefly and she decides to go get some fresh air.

As unnoticed as possible, she sneaks out through the crowd and finds her way to the ladies' dressing room in the light of shining paper lanterns. She needs some time to recover. And she just needs to brush up her make-up too. A girl does not enter the lion's den without lip gloss or mascara.

On the way back to the reception hall, a light tap on her shoulder made her stand on all fours.

"I've been eyeing you all night. Can I have a dance later?"

The mustache and long ponytail make her shiver. And the way he makes his request even more so. She would rather let a drunken octopus touch her before agreeing to this wild cowboy laying his hands on her, on the dance floor

"I'm not asking you to marry me, girl. Just a dance. That's all. Live and let live, I say," he insists.

Hazel looked around desperately. Where's a knight on a white horse when a girl needs one? An iron horse will do too. As long as he arrives quickly

"I... I..." Hazel began to apologize

"Hello." The new voice is deep and sweet like ghost breath.

"I was wondering where you are."

"Oh, hey," Hazel greeted as calmly as she could and just hoped that James Dean wasn't also hearing the beating of her heart, which was like thunder drum beat in her own ears.

Don't let anyone ever say that your wishes doesn't come true!

"Oh, that's the way things are," said Mr. Mustache."Sorry, bro. I didn't know she was yours. Then I'll go. Cheers."

He slaps Hazel on the ass and she just feels the need to kill this perv.

But at least she is now free from the pervert and she is endlessly relieved about that.

Her rescuer stays behind and stares at her intensely for a while before he breaks the ice.

"Hello again. I'm Axel. Axel West. Nice to meet you."

"Hazel Smith. Nice to meet you. And thank you, you saved my life."

The conversation is drying up. Shit, what now? Perhaps she should pout her lips a little like Angelina Jolie always does. That will surely keep his attention.

"Are you okay?" he asked, frowning.

"Why do you ask?"

"You pull your mouth funny. Do I look so bad then?" Axel looked at his leather jacket, the faded jeans and the motorcycle boots.

Then he smiled shyly and Hazel almost wanted to have a seizure when she saw the dimple in his cheek.

"Come on, I don't blame you. This affair is terrible."

"No, no. You don't look bad at all. You look amazingly beautiful," she stammered.

Earth swallow me please!

He smiled again. "I hear you and I will have to dance right after Louise and Shawn. Only if you want to of course." he asked and the teasing devil tears danced in his steel gray eyes.

"Of course, it's tradition," Hazel kept her cool and just hoped she didn't sound disinterested.

As soon as she gets a chance, she's going to beat up Louise because she didn't tell her who the new groomsman was. It was supposed to be Derek, Shawn's younger brother. And now this god human thing  is standing here in front of her making her knees go limp isn't that what girlfriends are for? To warn each other, to prepare each other for fuck sake.

"Come on, walk along, Hazel. Then I'll get you a drink." Her name is pure syrup on his tongue.

"The dancing's about to start."

She felt his hand resting on her back as he gently pushed her forward. The leather waistcoat might as well not have been there, because the pressure of his fingertips burned into her skin

Dear heaven! Soon she was going to be as close to him as decent company could get. How was she going to endure this without succumbing to the sudden fever he had caused her to suffer?

.........................................................................

Heyyy
Hope you guys are enjoying

Sorry for the cussing I will put in a warning ⚠

Anyways please leave a comment and vote.

Xxxxx