Chapter 20: Terminated

LEXA POV

I wake up with a smile on my face today. Clarke and I have been talking for quite some time now and I'm actually pretty excited to our Saturday 'date'. Well, I'm worried on what to wear and what breakfast to bring but at the same time excited because I'm going to spend the rest of the day with Clarke before I have to leave to San Diego for a press conference.

I went to take a shower and I realized that today, Anya Luna and I will be talking to Titus on some of my terms. I thought about what to say to him, but in all honesty, my mind became blank. I have a lot of things that want to be changed in my contract but I don't know. Maybe I'm just overreacting?

I quickly change into some casual clothes and my driver was already waiting for me outside. While we were driving around LA, I saw the posters and flyers of the show and my face again. I can't believe that people still want to watch me and support me.

I arrive at Polis Cafe and Anya and Luna was already waiting for me with coffee.

Me: Yay, thank god. Coffee!

Anya: Good morning to you too, dork.

Me: Right, good morning. So, is Titus already here?

Luna: No, not yet. But he texted that he's almost here.

I nod as I nervously wait for Titus. After a few minutes he arrived.

Titus: So what do I owe this meeting?

Anya: Well we are actually here to discuss some terms of Lexa's contract.

Titus: Like what?

Me: I actually want to be able to handle my time. I know sometimes shoot and sponsors have they're own schedule but I also want for some rest days.

Titus: Okay, I can arrange that.

Me: Secondly, I also want to have my own PR team. I want to be able to go out on my own and do something I want. Make mistakes even. I know you limited me to do these things because it's hard to do damage control. But if I have a PR team, they could easily diffuse any situations or atleast monitor any paparazzi if I want to go on my morning run or such.

Titus: Okay we can hire new people, but maybe only around 2. Is that okay?

I look at Anya and she nods.

Anya: We will discuss about the details of the PR team some other time.

Me: And lastly, I want to be able to go out with people.

Titus: What do you mean?

Me: Like a date or something.

Titus: Oh no, that's not allowed. The reason why you have offers is because they can partner you to anyone. If you have a boyfriend, roles can be minimal since fans can go wild about you having a real-life boyfriend and an on-screen partner.

Me: That would be fine with me. I'm not really interested in kissing different people anyways.

Titus: No. These roles are major and gives you the paycheck.

Luna: Just let her be, Titus. And who's to say that she can only date guys?

Titus: Okay, that's the last straw. You dating guys can be compromised, but women? Come on, Lexa. You're better than that. Love is weakness! You can't be where you are because of love.