Chapter 3: First Chat

CLARKE POV

I internally cheer as I finally end the last meeting of the day. I glance to the time on my phone and see that it's already 7:30 in the evening. I groan and tilt my head backwards in my chair.

Raven: Hey C. O and I are heading home. Are you joining us?

Me: No you go ahead Rae. I might stay here for a few minutes to check some of these documents sitting in my table.

Octavia: You know you could always ask for help or you know, lessen your workload? You're the boss. Delegate it.

I sigh knowing Octavia is right. But I can't, a lot of people are depending on me. And I know for a fact that I'll be killed if I fail this company.

Me: I know O. And thanks. I just don't know how to please my grandmother anymore. I'm tired and I just want to lay back.

Raven: You deserve it Clarke. You have worked your ass off for the past three years. And you never failed once. 

Me: yea but I can't afford to make a mistake. Not when everyone is depending on me.

Octavia: screw them. You have lived your life helping other people, forgetting about you. You deserve to be happy too, Clarke. Your grandmother will understand, your mom will understand, especially your dad.

Raven: O is right. Papa Griff left all of this to be with you and Mama Griff remember? Because he knows he'll be happier. You can do all of that too.

I sigh.

Me: I know. But this makes me happy too. My mom is enjoying her career now that people from the hospital knows that I'm her daughter. I can't take that away from her O. My grandmother is already enjoying her time in god knows where, and she deserves it after looking out for us for years and making this company grow. I can't give up, you both are also working here. 

Raven: We can always look for other jobs C. As long as the three of us are together, that's what's important remember? Our happiness comes first.

Me: I know and I'm so glad I have you both. If I don't. I'm probably a sinkhole now. So thank you. But I can do this. I just have to figure out a way to focus on me and the company.

Octavia: Now that's more like it. I miss party Griffin you know.

Octavia smirks and I give her a smile. They pull me into a tight hug and we all bid goodbye.

 They pull me into a tight hug and we all bid goodbye

I sigh as I look at the stack of papers in my table. I groan but get distracted as I see my phone light up. I second guessed if I should open it or not, but another "ping" made me check it knowing it might be important.

lwoods
I guess you love the ocean because you have it in your eyes.

Oh sorry that's cringe. Just wanted to say Hey!

I just laugh as I read the messages. I though of something to respond.

cgriffin
Well, you guessed it right. I love the oceans. 
And no, you're not cringy. 
And yea, hey to you too :)

I groan at that smiley face emoji. I know that is very cringy. After a few seconds I get a response back.

lwoods
Look at that, I'm right.

cgriffin
So, what brings you to this app?

lwoods
Was wondering to ask you the same question.

cgriffin
Great minds think alike? :)

Oh great, that emoji again. Why can't I just stop using it? 

lwoods
Well, if you must know, I'm just bored. And well, wanted to have a life other that what I have now.

cgriffin
Okay, that's deep. Something bothering you?

lwoods
Yeah something, but I wouldn't want to talk about it right now if that's okay.

cgriffin
Of course. Sorry if I overstepped.

I get snapped out of my phone as I hear my Assistant telling me she's about to go home. I give her wave and look back at my phone. I worry as I think I overstepped with this Lexa Woods. She didn't respond to my message.

cgriffin
Hey, are you still there? I'm sorry if I overstepped.
<sent>
Okay, I guess I offended you already :(
<sent>
I won't bother you anymore. Nice meeting you. And again, I'm sorry.

lwoods
No you didn't overstep. I was just fixing some stuff up that's why I haven't responded immediately. Sorry if I worried you.

cgriffin
Great. For a minute I thought I lost you before we even had the chance to talk properly.

lwoods
You wouldn't lose me that fast :)

I don't know why but I smiled wide and blushed.

cgriffin
Oh yea? And why is that?

lwoods
Stay and find out 😏

Oh damn, a smirk. What the hell is this girl doing to me?

cgriffin
Then I will, princess 😏
So, you're Lexa? Lexa Woods?

cgriffinThen I will, princess 😏So, you're Lexa? Lexa Woods?

---------------------------------

End of Chapter 3