Chapter 4: Worry

LEXA POV

I was on my way home when I decided to check up on my matching app. I was second guessing if I should message this blue-eyed blonde girl or not. I watch through my window when I see the posters of me around and I internally groan.

Right there and then, I decided, screw it.

Surprisingly, my conversation with this blue-eyed blonde girl is very light and smooth. I don't know if she knows me or not since she's not oh so fan-girling over me. I smile at the thought of that. But I know for a fact that it's impossible. My face is all over LA. She must be living in a shell if she doesn't know me.

We were talking when suddenly, my worry became a reality...or is it?

cgriffin
Then I will, princess 😏
So, you're Lexa? Lexa Woods?

I sigh. I knew it's too good to be true that she doesn't know me. I sigh and respond, thinking of ways to say goodbye.

lwoods
Yes, nice to meet you. Or should I say, nice to chat with you.

cgriffin
Nice to chat with you too, Lexa. I'm Clarke. Clarke Griffin.
So what do you do, Lexa? Aside from stalking me of course :)

I scoff. Really? stalking? And what's this "what do you do?" shit. I should end this now.

lwoods
Haha nice one. Well it was really nice meeting you, Clarke. But I have to go.

cgriffin
So soon? Nooo. I'm alone at the office, you're the only one I'm talking to :(

Well that's sad, maybe I should give her a few more minutes. But if she starts fan-girling, i'm out.

lwoods
Okay, maybe a few more minutes.

cgriffin
Yay! :)
So really, what do you do, Lex?

lwoods
Lex?

cgriffin
Oh sorry, is that not okay? I'm lazy typing the "a" in your name. And I want a nickname of yours. So, Lex :)

I smile at the name "lex". No one ever called me that. Hmmm, maybe Clarke can. Wait, why am I thinking this? I'm ending this in a few minutes so I shouldn't be thinking about this anymore. I sigh and made my way to my bedroom.

I laid to my bed as I continue to chat with Clarke. Curiosity came over me when she keeps asking what I do. Does she really not know who I am?

lwoods
No it's okay. I like it.
Do you really not know what I do?

cgriffin
Oh sorry, is it stated in your profile? I have to check.

Hmmm, it's not stated. So no, i don't know what you do. Do I have to know? Wait, are you a catfish?

I laugh at the thought of "catfish". I think to myself "Yea, I'll act like one in a few minutes".

lwoods
Haha what do you think?

cgriffin
Oh no, if you're a catfish, I have to say bye. I came here to talk to a real person, not someone pretending to be someone else. I'm sorry.

Wait, it seems like she really doesn't know me. Let me try to ride it.

lwoodsNo i'm not a catfish, Clarke

lwoods
No i'm not a catfish, Clarke. This is really me. Lexa Woods.

cgriffin
Then why can't you say what you do?

lwoods
Nothing, cause I just do whatever is available.

I sigh. It's true. I may be an actress but I am unemployed if I don't have any offers.

cgriffin
Oh, so like a freelancer?

lwoods
Yeah, something like that.

cgriffin
That's nice. I really support freelancers. I love how they are so passionate about what they do. and just do what they want to do. You get what I mean?

lwoods
Yeah, I get it. How about you, Clarke? What do you do?

cgriffin
Eh, nothing much. Just basically sitting around a desk all day.

lwoods
Seems interesting.

cgriffin
Ha, no. If only I could be like you. I want to just do what I want. Not being caged or locked up behind a desk.

lwoods
What do you mean?

cgriffin
Well, my dream is to be a painter. But with limited funds, idealistically, being an artist won't be able to support me if I don't get to be a famous painter. So I chose a different path.

lwoods
It's not too late to follow your dreams, Clarke. I know you'll do well. Maybe now you have earned enough to get you by while you start your dreams.

cgriffin
It's not easy as it sounds. A lot of people are depending on me. If I leave this desk, it's also the end of other people.

lwoods
What do you mean?

cgriffin
I'll tell you some other time.

So, what kind of freelancing do you do?

lwoods
Like I said, any opportunity out there.

cgriffin
Wow that's nice. It must feel great what you do.

I feel sad hearing Clarke's dreams. I know it must be hard for her too. But I'm so curious as to why she's not yet mentioning about me being on screen.

Does she really not know me?

-------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 4