Chapter 18: Dinner

CLARKE POV

I wake up with a heavy thing on my head with a warm arms around me. I gently open my eyes to see what was going on then I realize that Lexa and I fell asleep on the couch. Our heads joined together and her arms wrapped around me so I won't fall.

I remember when Lexa hugged me from the kitchen and it felt electric. It's like to forces were joined together and a powerful connection happened. And now, I am enjoying this position.

I was letting Lexa sleep when her phone started to ring. I was able to glance at the screen at the Caller ID said "Other Half" with a heart. My heart broke. She already has a partner. Why do I even feel hurt? We're just friends, no more no anything.

Since Lexa was not waking up, I gently caressed her arms.

Me: hey, Lex. Your phone is ringing.

Lexa wakes up groggily then stretches. I think she didn't realize what are sleeping position was, and thankfully spare me the awkward situation. Lexa grabs her phone and excuses herself.

Since Lexa was not in earshot, I groaned flopping down the couch. I grabbed my phone to check the time and it was already 6:30 in the evening. Surprisingly, I haven't got a single text message from Raven and Octavia, which was odd. So I decided to text them where they are.

After a few seconds, Lexa came back to the living room.

Lexa: Hey sorry about that. I actually have to go, I'm sorry for rushing to leave so quickly.

Me: No, it's okay. I understand.

Of course, her partner wants her back home. I realized it was already late and Lexa was running this morning. So I offered to drive her home

Me: hey, it's late and I know you don't have your car. So can I atleast drive you home as a thank you for today?

Lexa: Oh you don't have to Clarke, I'm just a few blocks away. I can just call a cab.

Me: Oh nonsense. Come on, I'll drive you.

Lexa wasn't able to protest as I already grabbed my car keys and dragged her to the garage. Of course, I want to impress her so I used the Bugatti.

Lexa: wow, nice ride Griffin.

Me; Thanks, princess. So what's your address?

Lexa: It's 498-25 Northsea Drive, West Hollywood.

Me: You weren't kidding when you said a few blocks.

I can't believe it, Lexa just lives around 20 blocks from mine

I can't believe it, Lexa just lives around 20 blocks from mine. Well it's still far since it was a 15-minute drive. But still, it's closer than I thought.