22. Ram Kahani

Continue from the previous part......

And again, a beautiful day broke in Ayodhya. The brothers went to the meeting, and the sisters were busy managing morning chores.

The kids were busy playing with Hanuman in the garden.

........

"Once, Dadi Maa narrated a story of yours: that when you were a kid, you dashed through the sky and gulped down the Suryadev."
Said Angad.

"Probably!"
Hanuman said it with a light laugh.

"How does it taste?"
Asked Chitraketu as his mouth watered.

"Mchh!"
Said Pushkal, giving Chitraketu a side eye.

Hanuman chuckled while pinching his soft cheeks playfully.

And the night fell.

.......

After having dinner, Ram entered the chamber along with Luv and Kush. Sita was busy with her jewellery.

Then the door creaked open, revealing the trio entering the chamber, all laughing. She looked at them through the mirror and chuckled.

She heard them talking.

"When Pitashree blew arrows towards Marich and Subahu, Marich was blown thousands of miles away."
Said Kush.

"No, it was Subahu!"
Yelled Luv.

And seeing them fighting, Ram laughed.

"Oh, ho, again?"
Said Sita, turning towards them. And both of them fell silent.

.......

*Knock*

"Yes, they are here."
Said Ram, and he opened the door. And everyone just entered the chamber.

........

The trio of Matas settled themselves on the bed, and Mithilian's on the aasans placed around. And the sisters sat along with their fathers, lovingly hugging them.

And then the twins rushed towards the bed and laid themselves across it, peacefully resting their heads on the Mata's laps.

"Hey! You don't have any manners?"
Asked Bharat, placing arms either sides of his waist.

"What happened, Bhaiya?"
Shatrughn asked lazily.

And making a disgusting face, Bharat sat beside Ram. And Kaushalya lovingly ruffled Lakshman's hair.

And Hanuman sat on another aasan along with the kids, as the kids loved his company.

Everyone just smiled brightly.

........

"What is today's topic?"
Asked Ram.

"Tell us about your Vanvaas."
Said Kush.

"Yes, Bhaiya, we had only heard bits and bytes; it would be interesting hearing from you."
Said Bharat.

"Ok."
Said Ram.

.........

"Ok, may we start?"
Ram asked.

"Yes!"
Exclaimed everyone. 

.

RAM'S POV

After the wonderful days in Mithila, the Baraat returned to Ayodhya. All of us were happy and were experiencing the new face of life.

One day, when I was busy with my work, Bharat and Shatrughn entered our chamber and told us that Nana Ji had called them to Kaikeya Raj for few a days, and both of them went along with their wives.