10. Just Some Time Off

Continue from the previous part.....

Janak then asked them in the most adorable way, taking their small hands into his. "Will you both sing for us again?"

"Why not! Tomorrow evening," said Kush with a smile.

.........

After a small gathering, everyone just retired to their chambers, and the guests were settled with all respect and excellent hospitality.

........

Being the king of Ayodhya, meeting his spy was part of his daily routine.

As he moved towards the chamber, where he met his spy privately.

"Pranam, Maharaj." One of them spoke as Ram entered the chamber.

Hearing his greetings, he gave a light nod, accepting them. He then moved to the aasan placed in the middle of the chamber.

"Is everything good?" He asked in concern.

"Yes, Maharaj, everything is fit and fine with your blessings," the spy replied to him with folded hands.

"Hmm.." he hummed, listening to the spy.

"Tomorrow morning we will have an announcement announcing that anybody from the praja who is interested in hearing Ramayan Katha from Luv-Kush is welcome to the sabha tomorrow evening." Said Ram, ordering them.

"OK, Maharaj," the spy said.

"Maharaj, may I tell you something?" He asked.

"Avashya"

"From the past few days we have been roaming around the places, we have found something strange... that some people are demanding for Punah Rajyaabhishek, for Maharani Sita." He said this as his voice got low.

"What?"

"Yes, Maharaj." He said this, looking towards the ground.

"Hmm... I will be thinking about it....... So,you know that what should be done tomorrow"

"Yes, Maharaj"

"So, now get to your duties," he said in an ordering tone.

"As you wish, sire" the spy said, bowing to him and leaving in no time.

Ram's thoughts
'What's going on? I don't want anything to be messed up again..... (Sigh.) In the beginning, they all wanted her to be removed; then this? Oh, Mahadev! What's happening.
Is it all happening again? My Sita...no!, what about my son's... oh, those unbearable pains...I am tired of it.

I don't want to lose her all again.'

.......

And then he paced towards his chamber, thinking all those things that he had just heard a few moments before. The weird thoughts bubbled inside him, making him restless again.

As he reached his chamber, he saw the door half open and heard Luv-Kush talking.

Luv: Bhaiya, are you ready for this?
He asked in concern.

Kush: Yes, Luv, of course, but I don't want this time to be messed up like before.
He said this in his low voice while tuning his Veena.

Luv: I hope so.

Then both of them got busy making things ready for tomorrow.

......

Then Ram entered the chamber, finding both of them busy.

"Pitashree!" Screamed both of them in unison, hopping in his lap.

He took both of them, holding them close to his heart and kissing them lovingly.