3. The least I expected - II

And again, one more day ended in pleasant laughs and giggles. Suryadev moved towards the west, and the unpleasant darkness again cupped Ayodhya in his melancholy embrace.

The palace was lit, and with diya's, night chores had begun.

IN LAKSHMAN URMILA'S CHAMBER
Urmila: Come to me, Angad, and take this morsel too.

Angad: No!

Chitraketu: Only if you catch us.
His laughter filled the chamber.

Urmila: Arre! Don't trouble me, or else I will beat you up in front of your Luv and Kush Bhaiya.
She warned.

Chitraketu: Maa, you can't until you catch us.
He giggled.

Teasing her, they ran around her in circles. And Urmila was turning angry.

Urmila: OK, then, no more bed time stories.
She declared as a light smirk appeared on her lips.

"No, Maa!" they yelled in unison, as they settled themselves beside her without showing any tantrums.

And then Urmila fed them the last morsel and went to wash her hands.

Before her return, both of them had already tugged themselves into the blanket while they waited for her for the bedtime story.

.

Urmila then returned and sat beside them while patting their foreheads lovingly to make them sleep.

Angad: Maa.

Urmila: hnm...?

Angad: Will Badi Maa ever return again?
He asked curiously.

Listening to him, Urmila turned her head in a swift motion; her eyes literally popped out.

And her eyes pooled with tears, as her heart flooded with the lovely memories of her Sita Didi. She lowered her eyes and moved her head in the negative.

Angad: Oh, sorry.
He spoke while lowering his gaze.

Chitraketu: Then what about Kush and Luv Bhaiya?

Urmila didn't answer; she just looked at them; her eyes talked more than her tongue.

She then wiped her tear, which were forming in the corner of her eyes.

Urmila: Now, both of you sleep.
She said.

And in no time, they both were drifted into sleep.

........

IN RAM'S CHAMBER
Both the boys were making up the bed for Ram. After Sita's departure, he never ever involved himself in royalty and luxury; he preferred sleeping on the floor close to Sita.

After a busy day, Ram entered his chamber, which was lit low. Both of them took his blessings, took his crown and armlet, and placed them on the bedside table, just as Sita did.

Ram: You wake?

Luv: Mataji told us we should sleep after you do.
He smiled.

Ram: Good.
The only word that escaped his lips. He then moved toward the dressing room, changed his royal robes, came back, and settled himself on his bed.

He spread himself on his bed, shut his eyes, and rested his head on the pillow. Then both of them settled themselves near his lotus feet and massaged him with open hearts.

Both the boys looked at his pale face, with the lines of tiredness. It told them how lonely he was; he lost his peace, his sleep and, his happiness. But it was so difficult for him to display his feelings. As he always held a fake smile, which hid his real feelings.