16. Photo Album

Continue from the previous part......

"May we start?

"Yes!"

.........

The kids hopped onto their seats, resting their hands on the table and their gazes towards Sumitra.

Sumitra moved her gaze around, seeing the kids happy faces, her sons smiling brightly, and her daughter-in-law happily sitting beside their husbands. It felt beautiful to have everyone around. The gloom and the desperation all vanished; her sons were happy; four of her Kulvadhus were together; but the only pain she had was Dasharath's dismissal.

From her heart, she bowed to her husband, asked for his blessing, and held a bright smile.

"From where should I start?"
Mumbled Sumitra.

"Tell me, kids!"
She exclaimed.

"Umm... Gurukul."
Said Taksh.

"No, after gurukul!"
Screamed Luv.

This and that-everyone just blurted their thoughts. And it was turning chaotic.
Both Ram and Sita shared a smile.

"Dadi Maa, as your wish."
Said the innocent Kush.

Hearing him, the mothers let out a light laugh.

"How cute he is. He is Ram's exact resemblance to how he looked when he was a child."
Smiled Kaushalya while caressing his cheeks.

"Does Kush Bhaiya look like Bade Pa?"
Asked a confused Chitraketu as his gaze flicked between Ram and Kush.

"Yes."
Kaikayi agreed to him as she smiled.

........

"Oh, yeah, it's a nice idea!"
Exclaimed Sumitra, snapping her fingers.

She then looked around and clapped her hands twice. And a Dasi approached her, as she was called.

The Dasi bent forward, lending her ear to Sumitra, and Sumitra whispered something. Following her commands, the Dasi rushed inside.

Everyone just looked at her, all confused, and she smiled brightly.

.......

And sometimes, the Dasi approached them with a thick bundle of pages with a maroon hard cover.

"What is it?"
Asked Pushkal while standing on his seat.

And the other's too looked in her direction.

And then the Dasi placed the book, 'the album', at the center of the table. It was a beautiful album, with beautiful patterns all over its surface and a beautiful handwritten, italics-engraved, 'Raghuvanshi Album'.

By seeing it, the kids faces just lit up, just craving for what's inside.

"Wow! How beautiful!"
Said Kush.

And the Janak Sutas too fell in utter surprise, as it was their first time too.

"Ab aayega asli maza!" (Now comes the real fun!)
Said Urmila, while rubbing her palms with evil intentions. For which the twins gulped down their saliva.

"Ready!"
Asked Sumitra.

"Of course, Dadi Maa!"
Exclaimed the kids.

.......

And then Sumitra moved her fingers towards the right side, giving the hardcover a flip. Which revealed a beautiful picture of everyone posing towards the camera. Ayodhya's Rajparivaar, as it was clicked after the Rajkumars returned from Gurukul.