1. The least I expected

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS BASED ON TOTAL FICTION AND DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONNECTIONS WITH THE ORIGINAL RAMAYAN OR UTTAR RAMAYAN. THIS IS A FAN- BASED CREATION; IT DOES NOT AFFECT ANYBODY'S FEELINGS, OR HAVE ANY BAD THOUGHTS OR FEELINGS TOWARDS THE GOD.

.......

Only a few hour passed after Sita led herself to zero existence, descending back to Mother Earth. Leaving all white faces, drenched in tears, and entrusting the apples of her eyes to Ram.

The palace was again turned into a hostile place and seemed to be filled with lifeless bodies. Silence, which spoke louder than any existing sound, echoed through every corner, emitting a ray of darkness and melancholy.

The boys, yes Janaki Nandan's, stood before the door of a chamber, which was pitch black; heavy breathing and loud thuds could only be heard from inside.

Both of them looked at each other, nodding yes. As they pushed the door open, it creaked open, only for them to see the lights turning on and Ram standing before them.

Ram assured them with the most appealing smile he could ever have, hiding the lines of sorrow only to make them feel comfortable.

"Come in" he said in a cold voice.

He lured them toward his bed, which he never used, making them sit. And asked them to change their royal robes into the lighter ones that they were made to wear a few hours ago.

Suddenly the door knocked, making them all look towards the door, the voice came, "Maharaj, Maharani Kaushalya had sent this for the Rajkumars".

Ram smiled knowingly; moved toward the door, and received a glass of warm milk.

Watching Ram keep the glass beside the bedside table, Kush made a disgusting face and whispered to Luv "eek! I think I would never get a chance to get rid of this thing".

.....

After the boys were made to change their robes, Ram too changed his robes and sat beside them.
He looked at them with love-filled eyes, which kept him thinking about his Sita.

He took the glass and neared them, and as he did this, within no time Kush slipped off, hiding himself under the bed, which made Ram get a pleasant surprise.

Then Ram kept the glass aside, and kneeling himself down, he looked under the bed and gave his hand to him. He found a trembling Kush curling up and nodding negatively; he spoke "No, I don't want it; keep it away from me; I hate it".

Ram smiled at his innocence and said "Don't worry, I would not; just come out". He scooped him up, taking him in a warm embrace, which Kush felt was heavenly.

Putting him on the bed, Ram also sat with them. His lips held a bright smile, but deep in his heart, he was hurt. He kept repenting of what he had done to his sons and how he had taken them away from their mother in such a tender age.

"Pitashree" called a lovely Kush, breaking his trence, holding Ram's golden crown within his hands.

"May I wear it?" Asked Kush. This made Ram giggle: "Of course, but not now." "First of all, finish this," Ram added.

"Ummm.... no!" Kush spoke while he scrunched his brows.
"But you have to," Ram said gently.

As soon as he spoke this, Kush neared Ram, clinging onto him, wrapping his arms around him, facing away from the thing he hated.

His gentle hug took Ram to a different world and gave him a different feeling, which he had never had before. It was not like hugging his brother's, parents, friends or wife, Sita. It was something else, thought Ram.

"Do you know that Mataji too made me drink this, which I never liked?." He said this while looking straight into his eyes in a pleading tone.
And a number of incidents flashed before Ram in which Sita had the same expression.

.....

FLASHBACK 1
Before the coronation, a drastic incident happened: he was told to leave for Vanvaas, for fourteen years.
He came to Sita just bid her a last farewell.

R: Sitae, it's time to leave; let's meet after fourteen years now in this instance.
He said it with a slight smile.

S: leave? For what?

R: Its Mata Kaikayi's wish that I should leave for Vanvaas for fourteen years now.

S: what!

Hearing him, Sita turned pale, as if a large thunderbolt had struck her. The tears started streaming down her face.
With a heavy breath and choking tone, she told

S: Arya, you have to take me too.
She pleaded.

As she told him, he had a sudden shock.
R: No, Sitae, what are you telling me? Living in the forest is not what you think!

S: Ok, then you have to stay here for one more day.
She said it sternly.

R: why?

S: then who would be flaming my funeral prayers?

R: Sitae!
He told her sternly:

S: Hey Raghav, please take this dasi with you, wherever you are, that will be heaven to me.
She pleaded.

.....

FLASHBACK 2
Sita lured Ram towards the place where they had the idols of the great kings of Raghukul, including Dasharath.
As she left his arm, she ran her gaze all around and then looked at Ram.

I think some music is needed for this situation ;)

Jab ek sati ne dridh hokar,
Maha tyag ka vrath urdhara
Siya ke sankalp ke aage,
Raghukul ka raja haara.....

-Copyright and credits to
Ravindra Jain and Suresh Wadkar

S: Nath, it's time; please grant me permission to leave.
Tonnes of tears just escaped her eyes.

Ram just looked at her like a frozen idol. He had no words to display his feelings; just his eyes said everything.

S: Arya, you know that without the husband's permission, a wife could not do anything aspecious.
She looked at him with pleading eyes and smiled.

FLASHBACK OVER
.....

Coming back to his senses, he closed his eyes tight; a drop of tears just escaped his eyes. And in no time, Luv wrapped his arms around his neck and enveloped him in his tiny embrace.

Then Ram turned to them and told them in a choking voice, "Luv-Kush, promise me that you will never leave me here after. " "Never!" Said Luv in confidence.

......

To be continued.....

Hope you like it and like and comment. :)