26. Only to Claim Him as Mine!

Continue from the previous part......

And again, a normal day broke in Ayodhya. The Raghuvanshi brothers, Ram and Bharat, had made their departure to Amarpura, and the twins, Lakshman and Shatrughn, left for the court as great responsibilities were on their shoulders.

And the sisters were busy with the morning chores, and the were kids playing around with Hanuman.

.

IN THE KITCHEN

Janak Nandinis prepared the meal for the lunch, and the dasis helped them around. Their dear Jijashree's were unavailable, so they decided to prepare something simple.

Urmila: Mandhavi Didi, where's Sita Didi?
Urmila asked while she chopped down the veggies.

Mandhavi: She is busy with her stuff, so we have to handle this.
Said Mandhavi, and she fell silent and focused on her work.

Urmila: Ok.
She said that and got busy with her work.

.
.
.

Shrutikirti: Didi!
Kirti called while breaking the silence.

Mandhavi: Hmm...
She hummed in response.

Shrutikirti: Sita Didi went so silent after Jijashree's departure to Amarpura, isn't it?
Kirti asked as she added some salt to the dal.

Mandhavi: Hmm... but it's only for a few days, isn't it?
She asked in a low voice, as she was equally missing Bharat.

Shrutikirti: Yes.
She said it in a low voice.

.

.

RAM-SITA'S CHAMBER

Sita just admired herself in the mirror while humming a tune. Her gaze just raked around the chamber through the mirror as his emptiness bothered her.

Her subconscious mind just traveled miles away from Ayodhya, just thinking about her dear Arya-that what he be doing now? did he take his meals on time, and she missed him a lot.

She just smiled to herself while she imagined how he would just stare at her through the mirror, make her blush, and sometimes be super romantic.

For her, all those small and simple moments with her Raghuvar and her children were precious and enduring, which will be evergreen.

......

KAMALNAYAN'S CHAMBER

She just looked at herself in the mirror, admiring her beauty as she remembered the conversation between her and Shikha. Her only goal was to claim Ram as hers. The only word she chanted was 'Ram'. Her jealousy and hatred towards Sita were at their peak, and she always thought about removing her from her path.

.

*Knock*

.

"Yes, please come in!"
She said while she was busy with her shringaar.

"Oh, you got ready?"
Asked Shikha while she entered the chamber.

"Hmm..."
She hummed and looked at Shikha through the mirror.

And Shikha just moved to her and stood beside her.
.
.
.

"Have you given any gifts or presents on your arrival at Ayodhya to the Maharani?"
She asked while she looked at Kamalnayan through the mirror.

"No, but to my Ram."
She said as she slid the bangles to her wrist.

.

"He is only mine!" Kamalnayan thought while she said this, and a light smile played on her lips.