Chapter 19 - Pietro

Y/N nodded off onto my shoulder, her head lolling in motion with the quinjet. I wondered what she was thinking, she'd let the nickname slide and let me hold her hand but perhaps she was just too tired. We all were, although people were awake, they were all near to exhaustion. Myself included. I needed energy. Wanda was the only one who seemed capable of fully functioning. She looked at me.

"Does this place have a coffee machine?"

"Now you mention it, it does. At the back, next to the cupboards." Stark said, his back facing us and attention on his piloting. Wanda got up and started making coffee, using her magic to keep it level. She made one for everyone, even Y/N though I didn't think that that would stay warm or get drunk. She handed a coffee to me and everyone else, all of us murmuring thanks. I downed mine in one, the kick of caffeine coming in a few minutes later. It took at least an hour to get to Sokovia, all the way nerves were building up.

When we got there, I gently woke Y/N up; suppressing a smile as she mumbled and made a face at the light. I handed her her coffee which Wanda had kept warm.

"Thanks." She mumbled, downing it in one. "I have a feeling I need one of those to get through today." I smiled softly. She walked away, catching up with Stark so he could give her the main priorities. I stared at her for a second, before noticing Steve and Wanda watching me. He smiled and she raised her eyebrows as if to say You had to pick the one who didn't flirt back to make things easy, didn't you?

I rolled my eyes at her, Steve said

"Go on, we won't say a word," I turned away. "But Pietro!" Steve called back. I turned to face him. "Keep her safe and if you treat her wrong there'll be hell to pay from both Stark and I."

I grinned and nodded, before speeding away to Y/N.

"He's completely smitten." I heard Steve remark to Wanda.

"Ok so you need to go and tell the police to evacuate everyone, if they don't listen then do whatever, take a bomb and threaten them I don't care, just get them out and doing their job. I'll come with you halfway and then go off to find Nat, we'll need her and then we'll start evacuating everyone as well. Got it?" Y/N listed off the things we needed to get done.

"Got it." I replied. We started running, Y/N warning everyone to be safe through comms as we ran. I say ran, it was more like a walk for me, I huffed and scooped Y/N up and started speeding down the streets.

"Holy shit Pietro!" She yelled "As cool as this is, please warn me next time!"

"Don't worry Printsessa, I will." I chuckled.

"And don't call me tha- stop!" She interrupted herself. I stopped abruptly, lowering her gently to the floor as she gracefully hopped out of my arms. "This is my stop." She told me "I've got to find Nat, remember to get the police out and about. And don't die or I'll kill you." She threatened, as she had done with everyone else. I nodded and waited for a second, watching as she ran off, making sure she got away safely.

I sped off towards the police building, bursting through the doors as I shouted "We're under attack! Clear the city. Now!" I shouted, authority lacing my voice. I ran back out, hoping they would follow. When they didn't I huffed and scouted out a gun. I ran back in and fired it off into the ceiling. "Get off your asses." I yelled monotonously, they all looked at me in shock. I simply ran out, grinning slightly. Y/N would have told me off, laughing. I hoped that she was safe.