-MORNING SCREECHING-

The next morning was a nice day, there weren't many clouds in the sky, the sun was shining over the lake and the castle was illuminated by the sun through all the windows

The greenhouses in the castle grounds were flooded with light and plants, waiting for the second years. Professor Sprout was a small and slightly chubby lady with dirty brown robes, curly grey hair, thick brown gloves and a tatty witch hat. She walked into the greenhouse full of second years as they chattered loudly.

"Morning everyone." Professor Sprout said loudly. When they didn't listen, the wacked a metal stick against the side of the planting table and spoke louder, "good morning everyone."

"Good morning professor Sprout." The students said.

"Those look like mandrake leaves." Rebekah said.

"Oh Salazar who do you reckon will pass out?" Marilyn asked.

"Probably one of the Hufflepuffs or gryffindors, it usually is." Alex said.

"Welcome to greenhouse three, second years, now gather round everyone." Sprout said to those who stood around the edges of the greenhouse. The second years all wore light brown overcoats over the top of their uniforms and dark brown leather gloves as well. "Today we're going to re-pot mandrakes." She said as she lifted a large planting pot from behind her and placed it on the table in front of her as she spoke, "now who can tell me the properties of the mandrake root."

Hermione quickly raised her hand.

"Yes Miss Granger."

"Hermione how do you know everything?" Ginny asked.

"Well I don't know everything." Hermione chuckled.

"Mandrake of mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous, the mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." Hermione answered.

"She's like a walking and talking encyclopaedia." Rebekah whispered.

"She reminds me of you Alex." Barty grinned.

"Shut up Bartemius." Alex rolled her eyes.

"No, I quite enjoy the sound of my voice." Barty crossed his arms.

"Course you do you arrogant prick." Rabastan scoffed.

"Excellent, 10 points to Gryffindor." Professor Sprout announced and the Gryffindors looked excitedly at one another while Draco and his Slytherin cronies looked rather sour. "Now as our mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries wont kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection."