F I F T E E N

NOVA NYX 🌙

"Where are we?" I asked Kassian as followed his lead up the winding hilltop. 

"The Lykos Ridge" he said, grabbing my hand to steady me when I tripped over my own feet "Kids don't come up here unless there's a party or annual back to school bonfire." 

"I can see why" I grumbled "Too much freaking walking" 

He looked back at me "I don't think I've ever met a wolf that hates the outdoors as much as you do." 

"I've never liked the outdoors" I wrinkled my nose "Too many bugs and creepy crawlies. Not to mention, the sun is an absolute scorcher. I much prefer the indoors, where it's dark and I can curl up in bed with a good book." 

"I think we kidnapped the wrong girl" His grin widened "I think we kidnapped a vampyre instead of a Wolf." 

I laughed "Are there really vampyres?" 

"The five realms coexist right next to each other" he said, nodding his head. 

"Really?" My eyes widen "There really are vampires?" 

He grinned at me "Yep" 

I cocked my head to the side "Five?" 

He nodded. 

 "The Shifter realm is in the epicenter of the five realms" he explained "The North houses the Vampyres, the South housing both the Fae Realms, the East housing the Humans, and the West housing the Witchlands." 

 "And how do you know where one piece of land ends and the other begins?" My eyes widened "If these realms are so close?" 

He snorted "Trust me, you'll know." 

"How?" I asked "Are there like borders or something?" 

"In a way" he said, shaking his head "In order to cross the lands, you'd have to be apart of an ancestry." 

"What?" I asked in confusion "What does that mean?" 

"I'm horrible at explaining things" He apologized in advanced "So let me try this again. In order for you to get into another realm, you must have a portion of that other realms DNA running through your veins. Like, let's say you wanted to go back to the human realm. You can exit from our realm and enter the human realm only if you had a parent that was a human." 

"Oh" I hummed "Kind of like a key?" 

"Yeah" he said "Like a special key only you have access too."