N I N E

Chapter Eight: The Tour

NOVA NYX 🌙

"You've got to be kidding me!" I yanked down on the short skirt to no avail.

When Phoenix said there were spare uniforms for me to wear at this Wolf Academy, I initially thought he was joking.

I mean...he had to be because what supposed College, shifter or otherwise, forced their adult students to wear silly uniforms like they were in high school?

Apparently this one did.

Which leads me to my dilemma at hand.

I was a tall curvy girl...much taller and curvier than girls my age tended to be.

I was never athletic...didn't inherit that gene apparently...because every attempt at a sport always ended up with a broken bone and a bruised ego.

Me and sports just didn't mix...and I was okay with that.

What I wasn't okay with was the fact that this skirt was just too short for my tall frame and body type.

If I bent over just fractionally, my ass would be showing...and not in a flattering way either considering that it wasn't as firm as I wanted it to be.

The white blouse was fine in and of itself, if not for a little loose in the chest area (Unfortunately being a curvy girl didn't mean I got both the boobs and the butt) and mellowed out the explicitly of this horrendous skirt.

I would have worn leggings if they were provided to me but unfortunately, the only thing given to me with these uniforms were thigh high socks and black pumps with red bottoms and a small black ribbon on top of them.

Whoever oversaw uniforms needed to be replaced ASAP because they were letting their *Cough Cough* fantasies take over.

The only thing good about these stupid uniforms were the fact that they consisted of dark colors, black, charcoal, and deep burgundy.

I sighed, knowing that there was nothing I could do about the uniform today.

Maybe, while on the tour, I could ask my guide if there was a way I could get new sets of uniforms, ones that were tailored for my size as well as throw in a couple of pants in there too.

I grabbed my jacket and traveled through the maze that was my new home.

After the fifth time taking the wrong hallway, I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Kassian chowing down on a bowl of cereal in the living room, watching something on the TV hanging above the fireplace mantel.

When his eyes lifted to mine, I saw them bug out as he accidentally choked on a spoonful of what looked like to be Coco flakes.

My heart panged at the little reminded of my brothers, coco flakes were their favorite cereal too. 

He gasped for breath, and I briefly wondered if choking to death would kill a Wolf Shifter.

Not that my brain was on that topic...what would kill a Wolf Shifter?

Were the legends true? Would a silver bullet to the heart kill me?

Still so many unanswered questions I had.

"Holy shit" Kassian muttered, gazing at my indecent skirt "I...I think...PHOENIX! ATLAS! I NEED YOUR HELP!"

"Why are you calling them?!" I hissed at him, throwing my jacket and bag on the back of the couch "What's wrong?"