E I G H T

Phoenix 🔥

I watched as all the Council Members and their Heirs cleared out of the War room quickly after Nova's exit.

The only members remaining in the expansive room were my father and I.

"Phoenix" My father murmured my name, quickly scribbling something down in his planner.

"Yes Father?"

"I want you keep an eye on the girl for me" he muttered "Get close to her. Learn her habits. Her likes and dislikes. Learn everything about her and report back to me."

I reared my head back in shock because it was against the rules for Penta Members to spy on other members or their Heirs.

Something about destroying the trust they are supposed to have in one another would be detrimental to the Packs.

Not only that but the idea of spy on Nova for my father sounds absolutely revolting and makes my stomach churn with nausea.

"I...I don't have many classes with her" I said cautiously, my tone neutral "I am almost three years older than her and about to graduate. I don't think..."

"I don't want to know what you think" he sneered at me, those brown eyes of his flashing angrily up at me "I want you to do what I ask."

"But..."

He stood abruptly, crowding my space and grabbing my face so harshly I was forced to look at him.

I flinched slightly, but other than that, remained stock still.

I knew that if I did anything other than remaining silent, his already close to the surface Wolf would surge forward and demand my blood as penance for disobeying his rules.

"Do as I say Boy" he sneered at me, grasp so tight on my face I could feel his claws slice through my skin "Or else I'll drag your sister back from that hippity dippity school in France and have her do it."

My heart stopped at the mention of my sister.

I finally just got Sphinx out from underneath our father's controlling claws and didn't want her to be brought back in just as she was starting to find herself.

She didn't deserve to be wrapped up in this chess game my father was concocting and while I hated to be a pawn in his game, I would to everything in my power to make sure my little sister stayed out of whatever plans he had brewing in that sick head of his.

"What about your rules of never getting too close to the other Heirs?" I croaked "What makes her exempt from the rules?"

His eyes gleamed "She'll be a powerful tool to have on our side."

A tool...not an Ally.

Because all he cared about was gaining more power...no matter what it cost.

"Okay father" I inclined my head "Leave it to me."

He grinned at me, releasing my face before giving it a light pat.

When pulling back his hands, my eyes locked on the blood staining them.

"Now go clean yourself up before talking to the girl" he stalked away "Wouldn't want to make a bad impression on her, after all."

~🌙~🌙~🌙~🌙~🌙~

Nova