S E V E N

NOVA NYX 

His lips tipped up in the corner as he grasped both handles of the door and pushed them open into a large pentagonal shape room.

In each point of the room sat five throne like chairs, all facing the small circular stage in the middle of the room.

I glanced around and while I knew there were people sitting in the four out of five throne like chairs, I couldn't see their faces.

"You're going to be fine" Kassian murmured softly, leading me towards the small platform "Just speak when spoken too and not a moment sooner. Any back talk and they'll consider it  disrespectful and punish you."

I opened my mouth to say something when he shook his head firmly.

"We younger Heirs might be more forgiving towards your attitude but the older ones won't" he murmured "No matter how much power you have."

"What?"

He was stepping away from me and into the shadows before I could ask him what the hell he meant by that comment.

A spot light shined and a sneering man's face as he took me in from head-to-toe.

I didn't need to know his name in order to know that Phoenix was definitely related to him.

The resemblance was uncanny, even with the obvious age gap between the two.

"This is the girl?" he either directed the question to his son or the group around us but not to me "She doesn't look like Wolfe."

My lips twitched at the name.

Apparently my Father's name was Wolfe.

A Wolf Shifter named Wolfe.

How freaking ironic and hilarious was that.

"She must take after her mother" Someone murmured as the spotlight flashed above a stoic woman's face.

I couldn't get a good look at her face because as soon as she stopped talking, the spotlight switched off and light up another member's face.

He leaned forward in his throne like chair, his fair hair gleaming underneath the light "Do we know who her mother was?"

"No," a voice spoke out as the spotlight once again switched back to Phoenix's father "Wolfe was very protective of her apparently. Wanted to keep her as far away as possible from this side of his life."

"¿Era ella un humano?" a new voice asked in a heavy Spanish accent "¿Es por eso que no quería involucrarla?"